Monday, February 27, 2012

Bringing Our Girl Home

Thursday morning (Feb 16th) we woke up ready to go.  We were ready to take our Hannah home.  Here we are just before walking out of our room.  We caught Hannah mid yawn.:)  


All packed up and headed to the car. (This is our nurse, Maureen, pushing me in the wheelchair and Bert's mom who came to help us get packed up took the picture...)


Hannah was not so sure about the car seat and she let us know it!


I wanted to sit in the back seat with my sweet girl on her first car ride.  She calmed down quickly once we had her in the car.  


She learned how to blow bubbles on the way home from the hospital.  Isn't she absolutely precious!?  I still can't believe she's ours!  


When we brought Emily home from the hospital we stopped by this Chick-fil-A on Capital Blvd.  It's about halfway between Rex Hospital and our apartment.  We decided last minute that we would stop again this time on our way home with Hannah.  Every time I see this Chick-fil-A I think about bringing our girls home from the hospital....it makes me smile.  I'm thankful for little memories like this.  


Emily and Mimi met us outside as we pulled in the parking lot.  Emily was soooo excited about seeing us!!


Our sweet neighbors had written a welcome note on the sidewalk and decorated our door!  So fun!  


Here we are just before walking inside!!  (Isn't Emily cute holding on to the car seat handle?!)


I love this picture of Emily b/c it shows how excited she was about having her sister home!!  Bert and I were just as excited!!  


Welcome home, sweet Hannah!!  We love you and we are so thankful for you!!  

2 comments:

  1. steph!
    hannah is so beautiful!!!!
    i LOVe seeing how excited emily is to be her big sister, too!
    just so excited for your guys.
    love from team lyon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet! Congrats sweet friends! Can't wait to meet Hannah

    ReplyDelete