Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Working on a WELL house....

Emily and I just took our second trip to the doctor in 4 days.  She started with congestion last Tuesday (8 days ago) and on Friday she started running a high fever (103's) along with her congestion, so I decided to take her in.  The doctor on Friday felt sure that it was viral.  So we went home hoping she would start getting better over the weekend.  Her fever did get better....it was completely gone by Monday morning, but everything else got worse!  Her congestion has been the worst yet over the past 2 days and she started with a deep, wet cough on Friday night (which has also gotten worse/more frequent).   So this morning I decided it was time to head back to the ped's office.  The cough was what really bothered me.  

Up to this point I don't believe I have ever caught any of Emily's sicknesses, but I can't say that any more.  Thursday morning I woke up with my throat hurting soooo bad.  It hurt really bad for 2 or 3 days, and now it's just sore (not a sharp pain every time I swallow now).  The congestion started for me on Saturday, and continues.  Today my voice is just so deep I sound like a man!

Thankfully Bert has managed to stay well through it all.  We're praying that continues b/c in case you forgot I'm due with little Hannah in 1 week and 3 days.  I mean she could come tonight, or tomorrow, or next week, but I promise it will be soon.:)  Emily and I are working hard to get well and no one else is allowed to get sick.

The past two days Emily has felt the worst yet.  She has been literally pitiful.  The doctor this morning believes this cold that she had is turning into a sinus infection b/c of how long it's lasting, that she's getting worse instead of better, etc, etc.  He's prescribed her an antibiotic that we will begin tonight.

So, if you'd like to know how to pray for us over at the Watts house....pray that Emily and I would get well and Bert would stay well, pray for energy for me (this cold/taking care of Emily/39 weeks pregnant has left me with zero energy), pray that we would rest in Him and trust his timing for the arrival of little Hannah.  I'm so excited about meeting her that part of me wants her to come right now, but then there's another part that would like for us to get well before she comes.  I'm thankful it's not up to me to decide.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment