Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Emily - 2 years

Emily had her 2 year check-up last week.  She had a great check-up.  She weighs 25 lbs 10 oz and she's in the 35th percentile for her weight.  She is 34 inches long and is in the 55th percentile for her height.  Here are a few fun facts about Emily these days....

-She calls her sister "Hannah (long pause) Banana" or just "Banana"

-She replaces all of her "L's" with "W's" - Ex. Awison, Wock (Lock), Wight (Light),

-Emily's such a great big sister!  A few days ago we were going to the store and I was picking up their diaper bag and my purse.  I had already put Hannah in her car seat and she was sitting across the room from the door.  Emily usually makes a bee line for the door when she thinks were going outside, but this time she stood right beside Hannah's car seat and kept saying "Get Hannah!  Mama, get Hannah!"  Ha!  My sweet girl thought I was going to leave her sister.

-Emily's got such a great imagination.  She "talks" on the phone ALL the time, and she says "I go store" and starts heading for the door about once an hour.  In the picture below she had pulled out an empty bin that was under her bed and told me she was in a boat!  She literally played in her "boat" all day!



-She can say a lot of the alphabet by herself.  She's got A-L down and then she gets a little mixed up with M-P...she usually jumps back in with Q and can finish it with out any problem!  She can recognize several letters.

-Her favorite foods literally change every day.  Right now she loves anything red....spaghetti, lasagna, vegetable soup.  She also likes grapes, mushrooms, cantaloupe, pineapple and cherries...LOVES cherries!

-When you ask her what her last name is she'll say "Stephanie Watts."  Ha!  Two thoughts....1.)  I'm impressed she can say my name.  2.)  I have no idea why she thinks it's her last name.:)

-She sleeps about 11-12 hours at night and takes a 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap in the afternoon.  She's still in her crib.  We tried the "big girl bed" about 3 months ago, but decided she wasn't ready.  She was scared to death and it broke our hearts.  We'll try again soon and hopefully she'll be ready for it this time.

-She is repeating everything we say....everything!  Recently she's said "Oh my gosh....that's craaaazy!" and "Dang it."  My fault...I know...TERRIBLE!!  I had dropped something and accidentally said "dang it"....Emily didn't miss a beat before she repeated it.  I didn't realize I needed to clean up my language, but everything is put in a different light when you have a 2 year old copying everything you say and do.  It's good for me!!

-Emily is beginning to want to dress herself.  In the picture below she was giving it her best effort. I had to snap a picture before I helped her.:)



-Shes loves it when we read her stories from her "Big Picture Story Bible."  She brings it to us all the time.

-Her nicknames are Emmy, Emmy Lou, Emma Lou, Em, and Emmy Jean. She loves repeating these -- "Emma Wou!"

-When you ask her who made her she'll say "God made me!!"  It just about melts my heart.  So thankful to God for making my sweet girl and entrusting her to us.

We love you, Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment