Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Emily's 2nd Birthday Party

Last weekend was a week full of celebrations....Easter, Em's birthday and my birthday!  Mimi, Papa Stan and Uncle Stan came up for all the festivities.  We were so glad they got to come.  We had a great time!  

Emily turned two on Sunday, but we celebrated on Friday evening.  All week long I had been talking to her about her birthday.  She was so excited!  I would say "Emily, it's almost your birthday!!!"  She would reply with "and bunny's birthday, and Stella's (her baby doll) birthday, and blanket's birthday."  Ha!


We also practiced her telling me how old she was.  She usually replied "two" and then after I said "good job!"   she would say "three" and just smile and wait for my reaction.  I always gave her one.  I'm not ready for her to be three!!


This was her reaction while everyone was singing to her.  She wasn't quite sure what to do about it.  Alison made the cupcakes for us and they were amazing.  She's soooo good at baking!:)  


For some reason Emily wasn't in the mood to get "dirty."  Every time she tried to pick up the cupcake she would get icing on her hand and she would pull her hand back and say "dirty."  She just picks and chooses which foods she'll get messy with...you should see her after she finishes a plate of spaghetti.  She often has to go straight to the bath tub!  


I decided to help her so that she could try her cupcake without getting her hands too dirty!:)  


She like it....thanks so much for making them Alison!  


Next it was time to open presents.  Alison and Stephen gave Emily some fun art supplies that I'm really excited about using with her.  Emily's going to be excited about the art supplies, but for now she LOVES the singing card they gave her.  She just kept opening and closing it!:)  


Stanley crocheted this blanket for Emily and me.  My brother has always been "on the go."  He liked to play outside, was athletic, and just has endless energy.  So, you can imagine my surprise when he told us he has learned how to crochet!!  He surprised us with this blanket that he made for us.  I literally cannot tell you how impressed I am!  We love it, Stan!!  So special!  


Bert's sister, Carrie, couldn't make it to the party as she lives in CA.  Would you believe that her birthday gift for Emily literally arrived via UPS in the middle of her birthday party (about 2 minutes before we were going to start opening presents??!!  Talk about impressive timing!! 


Bert and I gave Emily this shopping cart as her favorite phrase these days is "I go store."  Here she's packing all her gifts up in her shopping cart.  Too cute!  


Mimi and Papa Stan gave Emily her first bike.  She LOVES it.  She literally wants to ride it all day long!  



She wanted to push Belle (the doll Carrie gave her) on her bike.  


This is the wreath Alison made for Emily's birthday party.  Now that the party's over we're going to change out the letters and put it up in their room.  I'm going to write different Bible verses, etc. on the chalk board.  Alison's making these to raise money for their adoption.  Isn't she sooo talented?!  Let me know if you're interested in buying one from her!  



Cousins picture!  Poor Hannah is looking a little squished by the big kids.  Jacob and Hannah are 6 months apart and Jacob and Em are 16 months apart, but Jacob and Em are in the same size clothes!!  Love these three.:)  


Group photo!  We really missed Jeff, Linda, Carrie, and Michael, but we were thankful for everyone that was able to make it!:)  


We had so much fun celebrating our sweet Emily!  Happy birthday Emma Lou....we love you!:)  

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun party! I love sweet Em to pieces and wouldn't trade this time we've had living close by and watching her grow for anything!

    ReplyDelete