Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hannah - 9 months

Hannah is 9 months old and busier than ever!  She had a great 9 month check up!  Hannah weighs 21 lbs and 5 oz and is in the 87th percentile for her weight.  She is 27.8 inches tall and is in the 57th percentile for her height.  She's quick to laugh and smile!




Hannah's favorites at 9 months:
Food: Cheerios, Puffs, any baby food, bananas and other soft foods
Movies: Baby Mozart
Books: Peek-a-boo books
Activities: Crawling, Pulling up, Reading books, knocking down towers
Words she can say: Mama, Daddy ("Da-Da"), Night Night ("Nigh, nigh"), Bye bye, Hey

Sleeping Habits at 9 months:
-Takes 2 naps a day - about 1 1/2 hours each
-As soon as we lay her down she starts sucking her thumb and is usually asleep within a few minutes
-She sleeps 11-12 hours at night.....almost never wakes up in the middle of the night.
-She still sleeps in her sleep sack.

Things I treasure about my 9 month old:
-She has the most precious laugh that will just melt your heart.
-"HEY" is her favorite word! She almost always says it with a smile.
-The other night she said "Nigh, nigh, Da-da." She said it three times in a row! (She hasn't done it again since then.)
-She waves when she says "bye, bye."
-She is sooooo scared of the vacuum.
-She's pulling up on everything and I mean e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!
-She thinks the little door stoppers all over our house are the best thing since sliced bread.
-She loves her Jenny-jump-up.
-She's crawling all over the house.  She'll follow me from room to room.
-She constantly watches her big sister.
-She has very sensitive skin.  Her poor thumbs (that she sucks) are raw because of the weather.  I'm trying to keep them moisturized, but it's a full time job.
-Mama was her first word, but now that she has figured out how to say Dada she says it more often!
-She loves to chew on straps....the straps on her highchair, carseat, or stroller.
-Hannah can stand up by herself for at least 5 seconds.
-She still doesn't have her first tooth, but I love her cute gummy smile.:)

Mimi reading to Hannah and Jacob.  Hannah turned around to pose for my picture.:)  You have to hold on tight to these two because they are busy!!



Hannah is a very happy baby, but just to be fair, I wanted to let the record show that she does cry.  She decided to only take a 30 minute nap this morning.  Booo.  I had just started my 20 minute work out video when she woke up so I decided to let her jump around in her "Jenny jump up" while I finished.  She was not pleased with my plan.



She really likes her sissy's chair.  One of her favorite things to play on/with.  


She's getting into everything.  I love this picture because she has an "Oh no, I got caught" look.:)  


When Emily was her age pulling out all the DVD's was a "no, no."  I've got to be honest.  I let her play with them for a little while before putting them away.  She was happy and still!!  Second child.  


Hannah, oh my word, you are too cute!  You greet us with the biggest smile when we open the door to your room!  I cannot believe you'll be turning one in just a few short months.  You're sweet, fun, lovable  beautiful, feisty  and adorable all rolled into one.  Your Daddy and I are so thankful for you and we pray for you all the time. We pray that you will one day put your trust in Jesus.  He's the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  You are a precious gift from Him.  We love you, Hannah Beth!  



No comments:

Post a Comment