Sunday, December 30, 2012

Emily-ism's

A few cute things Emily's been saying lately....

After bringing us a book Emily said....  "Will you help me read this?  It's kind of hard on my brain."

After sitting on on potty trying to poppy she said, "Mommy, my poppy is sleeping."

"Mom, you smell funny!!  You might need to take a shower."....She said this about an hour after I got out of the shower.  I definitely did NOT smell funny!  She usually gets to watch one Dora episode while I take a shower during Hannah's first nap.  I'm pretty sure this was her way of asking to watch one more.:)

"Where did the sky go!?!?" ....She said this while staring up at a perfectly blue, cloudless sky.

"Mama (as she passes me her macaroni) we need to cool it up."

A few weeks ago we met one of our neighbors for the first time.  Emily and Hannah were with me when we met them.  Anyway, we hadn't seen them since, until just a few days before Christmas, when I told Bert I'd like to take some Christmas candy over to them along with a Christmas card.  Emily joined me.  We talked with the wife and the two little girls for a few minutes.  They had a cute dog that Emily petted (she loves dogs!).  After we got back home Emily was talking to me about different things and all the sudden she said "Mrs. Judy's dog scared me!!"  I just stared at her in shock.  She was right.  That was the wife's name of the family we just went to visit.  To my embarrassment, I actually couldn't remember the wife's name when we had taken them the Christmas candy a little while earlier.  I am 100% sure we hadn't said her name that day, Judy didn't say her own name, and the little girls didn't call their mom by "Judy."  Can you believe it?!  Emily remembered our neighbor's name from weeks ago, when she had only heard it once.  I obviously need to take some memory lessons from my 2 1/2 year old!:)


1 comment:

  1. these are so cute!! esp. the sleeping poopy!

    our little abby says the "cool it UP" too!

    ReplyDelete