Tuesday, July 22, 2014

PCB 2014: Family

This post is a hodge podge of different events throughout the week to wrap up the vacation posts...

This is how we traveled all week...all piled in (Bert was in the passenger seat and my dad was driving).  Emily and Hannah loved having everyone together!  Claire is not usually that fussy of a car rider, but for some reason she was this week.  Maybe the long drive down to PCB did her in, or maybe she could just see all of us and wanted to be held...who knows?  Anyway, we spent more than half of the time driving around PCB all singing songs to Claire.  It was actually fun and it certainly kept her happy.  The minute we all started singing she would stop fussing.  I told her not to get spoiled though, I'm not going to sing to her every time we get in the car.  :)  


One night we went to Boondocks.  This is probably our favorite restaurant in Panama City.  You always have a wait, but I actually enjoy the wait because you get to wait on these docks and enjoy the beautiful scenery.  Plus, all the waiting makes the food (which is already very good) even better! 


Claire Bear and Papa Stan


Claire Bear and Uncle Stan.  I thought their blue looked good together!:) 


Whole family minus the Sanders...they were missed! 


At dinner I looked over and Emily was playing with Claire without being asked to.  She said that she was making Claire happy.  She's such a great big sister.  She's always looking out for Hannah and Claire.  



I came downstairs one afternoon to find Uncle Stanley doing perler beads with the girls.  So sweet!


Claire had her first sink bath while we were at the beach.  


She had to have help sitting up, so that she didn't slip and slide, but I'd say she enjoyed it.


One afternoon Uncle Stan was trying to catch a quick nap (he had been up half the night fishing on the pier with my hubby and dad) and the girls kept running over to wake him up/play with him.  I was trying to get them to be quiet and leave him alone, but he just kept saying it was no big deal.  He was happy to play with them even when he was exhausted.  He loves our girls so much and they couldn't have a better Uncle. 


Another night before dinner we stopped by the Pier to take a few pictures.  It honestly didn't go that great.  I was a little stressed out about needing to feed Claire and getting the perfect picture, so I'm sure I didn't help the situation.  Claire face planted into the sand one time, which she didn't really appreciate (I don't blame her), I threw my camera down into the sand when I was trying to catch her from face planting, which I didn't do.  Now the camera lens won't close.  It will still take pictures (sometimes), but after this accident it seems to be on it's last leg.  Thankfully it's just a point and click, but it's been a good camera for us for 5 1/2 years.  We did end up getting a few sweet ones.  Maybe next year we'll get the "perfect" beach picture.  Ha!:) 



Our last night at the beach just so happened to be the 4th of July!  We had a yummy Low Country Boil and then headed out for fireworks.  


We watched the fireworks from the pool deck by the ocean and all of the adults agreed that this was the best fireworks show that we have ever seen!  It was amazing!!  


We had such a great vacation and we're so thankful for the great memories that we made as a family!  See you next year, PCB!  

No comments:

Post a Comment