Thursday, July 31, 2014

Toccoa Week

Bert led a mission trip to McCreary County, Kentucky a few weeks ago.  They had a great trip serving and ministering to the people there!  



The girls and I packed up and headed to Toccoa to spend some time with family and friends.  It was a great week for us too!  

I was able to go to Gainesville to spend some time with my friend Misty and her family!  My sweet Claire of course got to tag along since she still says "no thanks" to bottles.  Misty's been one of my very best friends since we were 5.  I'm so thankful for her and her friendship.  

I'm holding Misty's sweet little Ansley Grace and Mist is holding Claire.  


Mimi painting the girls' toe nails.  They were sooo excited!  


Sunday afternoon we headed over to Brett, Katherine and Jacob's house to play for awhile.  They have some FUN toys over there, so the girls are always excited to go to "Jacob's house." 



Another night we pulled out a little pool so that the girls could get wet.  I was trying to get them to look at me at the same time, so all the sudden I said "Look at me, look at me!"  I laughed after I saw this picture because I also caught my dad by surprise.  He had been working in the yard and was taking a break to hang out with us while the girls were swimming.  Ha! 


Bathtime...first bath with all three together! As they were getting ready to get in I asked them if it was okay if Claire got in with them.  Emily looked very concerned and said "But will she be okay!?  Is there going to be an adult in here?!"  It made me laugh because I've never even walked out of the room with the big girls in the tub, so I'm not sure why she asked if there was going to be an adult in there...but I appreciated her concern.  She's a good big sister!


Movie time with Jaca-boo!  Love him!  


A pre-dinner photo shoot one night! Sweet things!



I just thought she looked like a big girl with her arm all propped up and all.  Almost 7 months...wowzers! 


Goodness gracious she is cute!  


Aunt Ann and Uncle Bud (my mom's sister and her husband) were staying at their lake house in Hartwell for a couple weeks, so they came over and had dinner with us one night!  It was great to see them!  They're always SO excited to see our girls and play with them. 

Uncle Bud and Hannah


Aunt Ann and Emily playing tag...


On Wednesday my dad took the day off work and we headed over to the Atlanta Zoo.  It is an amazing zoo...I hadn't been since I was little.  I was impressed.  We didn't get to see everything, so we'll have to come back sometime when Bert's with us!  I didn't get a picture of me and Claire, but we were there!:) 






I loved this picture of my Dad, Emily and Hannah with Willie B!  Sweet! 


It took them about 0.5 seconds to fall asleep in the car after we left.  Please notice Emily's ring and necklace.  Mimi had given her some jewelry to wear that morning and she was sooo proud of it!  


Look at Hannah's scratched up knee's.  They pretty much stay like this these days.  She plays hard.  


Another night I met some of my high school friends at Los Amigos in Toccoa...it's still my favorite Mexican restaurant....I'm not sure if it's because of the memories or the food, but either way I'm always excited to go.  It was so much fun to catch up with everyone!  

Holly, Kim, me, Ashley and Misty...there is just something comfortable, familiar and sweet about being with lifelong friends.  They are a blessing.  


Ashley and I lived right across the street from each other growing up.  I'm pretty sure we played together for hours every.single.day.  Misty came over often and the three of us had more spend the night parties than I could count. I'm actually a night owl, but I would usually toss the towel in by about midnight or a little after.  Mist and Ash would usually still be chatting for hours after I fell asleep.  Such good memories with these two!  I don't see either of them as often as I would like, but this is for sure the type friendship where the time apart doesn't even matter...you just pick right back up where you left off. I pray that my girls are blessed with childhood friends like I was.  


My mom pulled out all of mine and Katherine's old Barbie stuff.  The girls had fun playing with it for hours.  


We took them to see the movie "Planes" at the Shaffer Center.  They were soooo excited to be at the movies!  Claire lasted about two minutes into the movie and then got fussy, so I walked out with her.  The big girls enjoyed it though.  In fact, we had to leave a little early, and Emily could probably have been heard crying for miles around.  It was quite special.  


Enjoying their snacks!  


I didn't get a picture of my sister, but we got to spend lots of time with her and Jacob and we so enjoyed it!  It was such a fun week in good 'ole T-town!!

No comments:

Post a Comment