Saturday, October 25, 2014

Anniversary Trip

Bert and I got to go on an anniversary getaway to Helen a couple weekends ago.  Our anniversary isn't until December 15th, but we've decided to start celebrating our anniversary early (we'll probably still go out to dinner sometime around the actual day), because the month of December just gets a little (lot) busy.  We had such an amazing time!  It was a pretty quick trip (one night) but so worth every dime we spent and every bit of planning that was required.  I couldn't begin to tell you how thankful I am for my husband.  

When we got there on Thursday night we checked into our hotel room and then went to dinner at a nice bed and breakfast that had a highly recommended restaurant.  Not long after we got to the restaurant it started pouring and the restaurant just happened to have a tin roof.  It was so fun to listen to the rain as we chatted.  It was so peaceful and cozy.  


Saturday morning we were up and ready to check out all the cute shops in Helen.  Bert and I kept laughing because we found out that the shop owners in Helen are on their own time table.  Most of them claimed on their signs to open at 10, but didn't open until between 11 and 12ish. Ha!:) It's just the cutest little town (made to look like an Alpine Village) only about 45 minutes from Toccoa, which is where we had dropped the kids off with my parents.  A huge thanks Mimi and Papa for taking such good care of our girls.  It's just so so nice to be able to get away and have peace of mind that they are being well taken care of.  So thankful!  It was the longest time I had been away from Claire (by a long shot) since she's been born and we both did just fine. 


The building to the right of this picture is where we ate lunch.  The sun had come out by the time we were eating and it was beautiful!  


After lunch we headed up to Anna Ruby Falls (about 15 minutes from Helen).  I've always heard how beautiful it is up there, but I've never had the chance to go.  It was only a 1/2 mile hike to the falls and the hike was beautiful and the falls were breathtaking.  We so enjoyed our time spent out in nature, even if I did have to wear my cute brown shoes (no tennis shoes) on the trail.





We had a fun weekend! So thankful for the man standing beside me. There is no one I would rather talk to, hang out with, or do life with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment