Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Emily

Emily's 4 1/2 now.  Her little classmates are already turning 5.  That means she's about to turn 5.  Time is flying by for sure.  

A few weeks ago her preschool class went on a field trip to an apple orchard.  This was her very first field trip and Em was beyond excited.  She was mostly excited about getting to ride on the big bus.  Ha! I was so excited for her.  I didn't get to go on this field trip, but I had a few mom's from her class send me pictures throughout the morning.  

Mrs. Roach's class.  


They got to go through a maze and Emily was leading the pack.:) 


As we drive to her school each morning (some mornings I take her and some mornings Bert takes her) we have a spot that we start praying.  As soon as we make this certain turn she says "Prayer time!!"  We both usually pray.  We pray that she would be respectful to her teacher and kind and loving to her classmates.  We pray that she would be an encourager and a light.  


I stopped by the preschool director's office a few weeks ago to pick something up and as I was about to leave she said "I'm sure everyone tells you this but you have a wonderful child."  She went on and on saying that she is just so special.  Finally, she was still trying to convey to me just how precious she was and she said "she just really stands out."  I'm thankful she's in a preschool program that loves her and cheers her on. 

One day Katherine and Jacob were going to come spend the day with us, but Jacob woke up sick that morning so they didn't get to come.  Emily and Hannah were disappointed as they loooove their cousin Jacob.  I was washing up the breakfast dishes when Emily ran into the kitchen and said "I have an idea!!!!  Wait right there!! I'm going to draw a picture of Jacob, then you can cut him out, then Jacob can still play with us all day today!!"  She was so excited and I was proud of her making the best out of the situation. 

Emily and "Jacob."  Jacob even got to go to Ingles with us later that morning.:)  


Claire has been getting bottles for several weeks now and Emily has been wanting to feed her ever since.  One afternoon I decided to let her feed Claire.  She was about to burst with excitement.  Literally.  Claire is such a good bottle drinker that she didn't mind one bit.  


We went to an engagement party for some friends from Toccoa a few weekends ago and as we were leaving Emily went around to each person in the house (there were a lot of people) and gave them a hug and told them bye bye.  

Emily, you are bubbly and smart.  You're the life of the party but also compassionate and thoughtful.  You are the protector of your sisters.  You are a precious gift and Mommy and Daddy are so so proud of the beautiful little girl you are becoming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment