Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Night Owl

I think I've mentioned before that Hannah is a bit of a night owl.  She doesn't seem to require as much sleep as Emily.  She still sleeps plenty, but it takes her a little while to go to sleep each night (she is WIDE AWAKE when we put her down) and she has some pretty funny reasons for getting up, so I decided to jot down a few over the last couple months.  Most all of these conversations are followed with Bert or I saying "okay, now go back to bed", but I didn't type that in each one....you can just assume it was said. :) Here are a few of my favorites....

Hannah to Daddy:  *gasped* - Did you forgot to put my cubbies patch on?! (There was still 5 days until cubbies so we still had some time.)

Hannah to Daddy: I need to tell Mommy something.
Me:  What?
Hannah:  I just love you.

Hannah to Daddy:  I need to tell you something, Daddy.
Bert:  What?
Hannah:  I just like your pants.  (They were black sweat pants.)

Hannah to Mommy:  I love your eyes.

Hannah:  When is my birthday?
Bert:  February 14th
Hannah:  Ugh.  I want it to be my birthday right now.  (this took place in early December)

Hannah:  I need to ask you something.
Me:  What?
Hannah:  How is Abby doing?

Hannah:  We can't go to the lake this summer because Abby might fall in the water.

Hannah:  I have a question for you Daddy.
Bert:  What?
Hannah:  Do you love Mommy?
Bert:  Yes I do.
Hannah:  (while rolling her eyes) - yuck.

Hannah:  My thumb hurts.

Hannah:  I just wanted to tell you I love you.  (this is probably her favorite reason for getting up)

Hannah:  I miss Mimi.

Hannah:  I have to poopy.

Hannah:  When is my light going to turn green? (She has a clock in her room that turns green when it is time for her to get up in the morning.)
Bert:  In about 11 hours.

Hannah:  Ummmm.....I need to tell you something.
Bert:  What?
Hannah:  When is the baby going to be born?

Hannah:  "Ummm ummmm ummmm I wanted to tell you that I want the baby to come out right now."  (I was 32 weeks 1 day)

Me:  What do you need, Hannah?
Hannah:  I need to tell you something.
Me:  What?
Hannah:  Do you like my singing?  (She had been singing loud in her bed.)

Some nights she just gets up once before she finally falls asleep and some night she gets up MANY times and we end up having to give her a consequence.  She looks so cute when she comes around the corner to whatever room we are in.  She's as quiet as a mouse and is usually holding her mouth in a funny position and head down because she knows she's supposed to be in bed.  We love our little night owl.  You keep our evenings interesting!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment