Friday, January 29, 2016

Snow 2016

The ice storm was supposed to start about 1am early Friday morning.  Late Thursday afternoon about 4:30 (just a few hours before the ice storm hit) our plumbing decided to back up.  It was a main line problem so we couldn't use either bathroom.  We called about 7 plumbing companies and all of them said they couldn't get out there that night and they probably wouldn't be able to come until Monday because of the big snow/ice storm we were supposed to get.  Soooo, after hearing from the last company we decided to quickly pack up and head to Toccoa to spend the weekend with my parents. We definitely couldn't stay there without plumbing all weekend. 

We left Greenville about 8:30 that night.  Emily had been hearing that the ice storm was going to start about midnight.  She asked us several times if we were going to make it to Mimi and Papa's by midnight.  I told her yes each time, but I finally asked her why she was worried.  She said "well, if we're driving at midnight and the ice starts will our car just freeze?"  Ha! Sweet thing.  

Friday afternoon they started getting a little snow so we took the girls out to check it out.  They were excited!  


Then we came in for hot chocolate.  The girls think it is such a special treat to get hot chocolate but Hannah is the number 1 fan!  Can you tell?  


Friday night after dinner the snow really started coming down while we all watched The Lion King together.  It was a fun family movie night with Mimi and Papa.  During one of the songs Hannah walked over to her Daddy and asked him if he would dance with her.  He of course said yes and started twirling her around.  This picture might be too small for you to see, but she is grinning from ear to ear.  


On Saturday morning Papa went in to work for a little bit but then came back to play in the snow with the girls.  


Poor Claire kept loosing her boots.  They were a few sizes too big for her.  I bought E and H rain boots for Christmas, but didn't buy Claire any because I thought they might be too hard for her to walk in.  I was wishing I had some boots that fit her too.  Oh well...we made do and she didn't seem to mind.  



I thought this was a good picture of my handsome hubby and my baby girl.  


They had so so much fun sledding!  You can click on the picture to make it bigger.  The girls were soooo excited!



What an amazing Daddy my babies have.  




Mimi and Papa haven't ever gotten to play with our girls out in the snow because we've always been at home (Wake Forest or Greenville) when it snowed.  They LOVED getting to play with them and our girls loved it too!  


Just before lunch Katherine, Brett, Ressie and Jacob came over to Mimi and Papa's house to do a little sledding with us.  We drove down to a hill at the end of their neighborhood and pulled out the Sanders three sleds.  


Bert had gone down with Claire a couple times and called down to me that he was going to let her go by herself this time.  I said "What?!  That's my baby! I don't think so!"....or something along those lines, but I was overruled and the next thing I know she was flying down the hill on the sled.  As soon as she started going she fell back and ended up sliding down the hill while laying down.  Bert ran beside her the whole way.  And when he helped her sit up she was literally as happy as a lark.  She wanted to "do 'gin."  


The next time she figured out how to stay sitting up and never looked back.  She was fearless.  





You can see Katherine and Ressie in the truck behind the sledders.  Kate wanted to keep Resssie warm so they were the supervisors.  



Group picture of the kids and grandkids minus Stanley (or Unc 'Tan as Claire calls him), who we missed very much!  


Since I didn't have any kind of maternity jacket I borrowed one of my dad's old ski jackets to keep warm while we were out there playing.  I look slightly large in the picture below, but I liked it because I just love my sister.  I'm thankful my girls have sisters to grow up with.  


After our day full of sledding and fun we gave the girls baths and Bert got this picture of Claire just before he rinsed her off and got her out.  I thought it was a cute picture with her head peaking over the top.  


Another family snow picture!  Next year we'll have our Abby in our arms too and that makes me very excited!  


I'll be fine if this is our one big snow of the year.  I love to see it come and after a day or so I love to see it go.  Thanks to Mimi and Papa for a fun weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment