Sunday, April 30, 2017

Emily Turns 7

Last year when Emily turned 6 we had a one month old and I just wasn't up for a "friend" birthday party.  In my defense we had a family party instead and made her feel very loved that day/weekend. So this year, when she turned 7, I wanted to make sure to make it happen!  She had 5 friends over to play, eat cake and pizza, open presents and watch a movie.  Emily had SO much fun!  The kids were here for about 3 1/2 hours, but it was a sweet group and ended up being a very "easy" party.  I'm not a big party planner, but I love birthdays and making the people I love feel special and loved, so this was a win win!  

The girls had a dance party to kick off the night.  They were dancing to the Trolls soundtrack here.  


Emily and Haley.  


Haley's family moved to town a little over a month ago as her dad is our church's new associate pastor.  We're so thankful and excited to have the Fleming's join our church family!  

Group picture of Emily's friends and sisters.  


She requested a cookie cake from Ingles.  Done. 



They were all snuggled up in their sleeping bags watching a movie.  Cuties!  


After the movie and before their parents came they had time for a quick game.  It was fun listening to them play this together.  This is a cute age.  


On Friday (April 7th) Hannah and I went to Emily's school to help hide Easter eggs for her class' Easter egg hunt and to bring brownies to her class to celebrate her birthday. Emily was so sweet to Hannah that day.  She wanted her to sit beside her, stand beside her in line, and hunt eggs with her.  I think she loved having one of her sisters at school with her.  


I go this picture when they were signing happy birthday too her.  Look at how happy my girl looks.  


That same night we did a family party with just the 6 of us.  Bert and I were both packing for our trips (Bert left in the middle of the night that night and I left the next day), but we enjoyed being together. She was excited about the Brady Bunch DVD that she got.  She's watched several episodes and loves it.  


The birthday treat that night was Key Lime Pie!  


Happy birthday to our beautiful 7 year old!  

No comments:

Post a Comment