Sunday, April 30, 2017

These Days

Emily and Hannah and I went to see Beauty and the Beast live-action movie one afternoon. We actually got Emily out of school about an hour early so we could make the mid-afternoon show!  The girls were SO excited when I told them where we were going!  It was a fun date with my babies!  


This is what Abby does if she doesn't want what you are feeding her.  She is a good eater, but will absolutely let you know if she doesn't want any more.  Mouth clamped, nose up and face pressed into the side of her chair.  You just go ahead and try to get anything past her defenses.  Ha!  


Hannah's teacher took this picture of Hannah one day at school and I thought she looked so beautiful!  


Emily lost one of her top teeth the day of her school play, which was a few days before Bert went on his trip.  It had been loose for awhile and was really starting to bother her.  She's loving her toothless smile and I do too! Bert pulled it of course...I don't pull teeth.  We've only lost 3 so far and have about a million more teeth to go between all 4 children so I may become a tooth puller but right now it gives me the heebeejeebees.  


Emily was in the 1st grade play.  She (and about 20 other kids) got to school 15 minutes early each day for over a month to practice their speaking parts.  We were super proud of her hard work!  

She was a butterfly! 


The whole first grade!  The play was called "Swamped" and they did such a great job!  


One of our friends got a picture of Emily saying one of her lines.  We didn't get there early enough to get seats like this....we'll know for next time.  


Mimi and Papa left work early and drove over to watch the play!  



You can't see Claire's face because of Emily's wing, but she was there too!  


Emily and one of her classmates and her amazing teacher.  We love Mrs. Poe!!  


Bert got to go to Hannah's Easter party at school!  She has a fun class this year and has some sweet friends in there!  


Emily got her very own library card and is soooo proud of it!  She feels like such a big girl!  


I was feeding Abby cheerios one morning and I just thought she looked too adorable to not take a picture of her.


A couple weeks ago Claire, Abby and I had picked Hannah up from school and driven home.  As Hannah was about to open the door to get out Claire reached and grabbed her to give her a hug. Claire was still buckled in so she couldn't really move, so she made Hannah stay there too!  Claire's big hug (attack) had Hannah laughing so hard.  


Mimi bought the girls new dresses from Carter's during spring break and Claire was modeling it for me.  They especially like that it is long.  


I got to got to go on an ice cream date with my Hannah Beth last weekend we had fun!!  I would venture to say that we are the two biggest ice cream fans in our family so it was fitting that we went there.  Bert and Hannah actually went on a date the weekend before up to Travelers Rest and had a great time too.  I don't believe he took a picture, but it still happened.  


Hannah is our puddle jumper.  She finds every puddle around and jumps in it no matter what she's wearing.  The other day we had had lots of rain and so I got them dressed and told them they could go out and just jump.   They came back soaking but had lots of fun!  



I went with Emily's class on a field trip to Paris Mountain State Park a few weeks ago. The State Park is right behind our church, basically, but we never think about spending a day there. Glad we got to enjoy it together!


Emily has a fun class and a fun teacher.  The sweet little girl on the right didn't want to be in the picture.  


We had a group from North Greenville University come to our church a couple weeks ago and do a concert on Sunday night.  I knew it was going to be great so I decided to let Claire stay in the sanctuary with us instead of leaving her in the nursery.  But I guess sitting in Bert's lap and being still for so long made her sleepy and she ended up falling asleep and slept through most of it.  After holding her for a while, Bert finally laid her down on the pew beside us and she didn't even flinch. That night she stayed awake until after 10pm because she had had such a late nap and I was wishing I'd left her in the nursery.  Ha!  


I wouldn't trade these days!  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete