Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Hike with the Youth Group

Our youth were supposed to go on a overnight camping trip but they had to cancel the overnight portion due to storms.  They were able to still do the day hike, so the girls and I decided to join them for that.  The hike was a little over 4 miles and it was not flat!!  

Claire was my buddy and didn't complain once even though I know she was worn slap out.  She had to take two steps for every one of mine.  I loved getting to hold her hand on this hike....I love my 5 year old! 


We apparently lost our hiking baby carrier backpack during the move last October and had to borrow this one from my friend Megan at the last minute.  Sooooo thankful that worked out because I definitely would have had to just sit at the bottom with Abby.  Her sweet little 3 year old self couldn't have done half of one way.  


Family picture at the top!  It was beautiful up there, but the rock we were on was pretty steep and I was a smidge nervous!  


After we made it back down the mountain we went to a beautiful waterfall!  

Hannah had trouble with her eye allergies this spring. She had some trouble last spring, but this spring was worse.  It was really only bad for a 2 week period, but it was really bad during that time.  Her eyes were itching her soooo bad.  They had to send her home from school one day because her eyes were itching her so bad.  We ended up washing her hair every night to get the pollen off her hair, getting her these glasses to wear every time she was outside, and then she had prescription allergy eye drops.  Poor nugget was pitiful!! 




After the waterfall we stopped for ice cream and it was delicious!!  We all felt like we had earned it after all that hiking! 



It was a fun day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment