Monday, November 7, 2011

Renea

Renea is my dad's baby sister. She moved in with our family when I was about one, and she is most definitely a part of it.  I could not be more thankful for her. She is so sweet and thoughtful and fun!! Nea was a teenager when I was in my toddler years and I'm sure I made her life "difficult" at times.:) There are many stories of me picking up the phone to try to "talk" to Renea while she was on the phone with one of her friends in the other room. We have video evidence of me getting mad at Renea when I was about 2 1/2 b/c I kept picking up the phone to tell her something and she kept telling me to "hang up the phone, Stephanie." Haha....:)

Renea went to Florida State for her undergrad and I remember sitting on her bed one morning while she taught me how to do a Florida State cheer where you spelled out F-L-O-R-I-D-A-S-T-A-T-E. I've always said that I feel sure "Florida" and "State" were some of the first words that I learned how to spell.:)

I also remember Nea's graduation from college. We all drove down to see her graduate and help to pack up her apartment. I got to ride back to GA with Renea while my parents and siblings were in the other car. Renea was crying as she was leaving Tallahassee and I didn't quite understand why. I remember deciding to read her a book to make her feel better. I'm not sure what I read and I doubt it made her feel better, but that was all I knew to do.:) Just for the record I now totally understand why she was crying when leaving behind her friends and an amazing 4 years....I definitely cried when I left Clemson.:)

Renea lived in Atlanta for several years after she graduated college and Katherine and I got to go and spend the weekend with her every once in awhile. I can't tell you how "cool" we thought we were. Renea would spoil us rotten. She always made the weekend so fun and we always felt so loved while we were there.

Renea and I share a birthday (Apr. 7th), which has always just been fun. April 7th was also Emily's due date, but she decided to come one day later (April 8th) and have her own day.

After moving from Atlanta, Nea moved out west and she's been there ever since. It's sad b/c I don't get to see her as often, but she loves it, so that makes me happy.:) It definitely makes for exciting trips when we do get to go and see her. We've been able to take a couple trips and she is always the best tour guide. She and her husband, Mat, live in New Mexico. It's absolutely beautiful out there.

So, if you haven't already gotten the picture....Nea's the best. She is so much fun to be around. She's always up for whatever. She's the best listener. If' you're having a conversation with her then then she's really listening....you can tell by the questions she asks.

I love, love, love you Nea Nea!:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment