Sunday, November 13, 2011

Two for the Day

This past Thursday was Katherine's first day back to work and I got to keep sweet little Jacob for the day.  He is SUCH a good baby....so so laid back.  Emily was so excited to have her cousin Jacob ("Baycup") hanging out for the day.  She did not want to let him out of her sight for lunch or nap time.  Jacob was down for a morning nap and started crying in his pack-n-play.  Emily started running down the hall saying "crying...Baycup....crying....Baycup."  She was on a mission to rescue him!  

It was definitely good practice for having two.  I would say the most interesting part of the day was when I was trying to feed Jacob and Emily wanted attention.  She would try to climb up in my lap or go into the other room and climb up on the kitchen chairs.  I wanted her to play quietly at my feet, but that didn't sound like as much fun to her.  Thankfully Jacob is laid back and a great eater, but we'll have to see how the feeding time goes once Hannah arrives.:)  

I was excited when I realized they were both going to be napping at the same time.  I got Jacob to sleep and then it was Emily's turn.  She finally fell asleep and 5 minutes later Jacob woke up.  I picked him up to calm him down and rock him back to sleep and literally 3 minutes after I got him back to sleep Emily woke up crying.  I couldn't help but smile.  I truly seemed like they had coordinated who was going to cry when before they went to sleep!!  Finally, Emily fell back to sleep to finish up her nap and Jacob stayed asleep in my arms. I so enjoyed just rocking him. He was just so peaceful and content....I loved every minute of it!  

All in all it was a GREAT day!!  Emily and I loved having Jacob to play with, and it really did give me a few good things to think about before Hannah arrives.  We're going to get to keep him a few days next week too and we're already looking forward to that.  

Here are a few pictures I took of Jacob on Thursday (3 months).  


I thought this picture was so cute!  He's giving me a smirk!:)  


This one's my favorite...I can't help but smile when I look at this one.:)  

1 comment:

  1. this just made me laugh! two is hard and you get one down and the other wakes up...or in our case recently you get one well and the other gets sick! its a whole lot of fun though and i know you will be the best mom to two!

    ReplyDelete