Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Washing Bunny

This morning I decided it was time to wash Emily's Bunny.  She has become even more attached to Bunny over the last few weeks.  You will find her holding Bunny most of the day!  SO....I knew I had to be sneaky to get Bunny into the washer without Emily seeing.  I got Emily distracted, grabbed Bunny, threw her in the washer, and I thought all was well.  

WRONG.  

It took Emily about 2 minutes to start looking for Bunny.  When she couldn't find her she started getting more and more upset.  I tried to calm her down by distracting her, giving her a baby doll, and finally telling her Bunny was taking a bath.  For future reference, telling your 19 month old that her Bunny is taking a bath does not go over well.  Just stick with trying to distract the poor child.:)  

She had several meltdowns throughout the washing/drying process...



Thankfully, now Bunny is clean and dry and back in Emily's arms.  All is well!




I do believe when it's time to "bathe" Bunny again, I'll try to grab her out of Em's crib after she falls asleep at night.  Ummm....I see major problems with that plan too.  I'm not sure what we'll do. Wish me luck.:)  

3 comments:

  1. What about hand washing bunny in the bathtub with Em one night so she can see and then tossing her in the dryer while you get Emily ready for bed? Don't know if that would work but maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, this is just precious. I'm sorry you had to endure the meltdowns, but you just tell the story so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purchase a second bunny and trade them out equally. Then when one is in the wash, the second can be in use. Do NOT let her know there are 2 bunnies & with any luck, she will not take to writing on her bunny with permanent marker or you will be replicating her artwork as well. Worked well for us.

    ReplyDelete