Monday, October 29, 2012

Almost Crawling

Hannah is SO close to crawling!  I mean some would probably argue that she already is crawling, but I'm going to hold off a little longer before I make the official announcement.:)    


She'll take 2 or 3 knee steps and then decide she'll just lunge and reach and roll until she gets to whatever she wants.  And she CAN get to whatever she wants....fast!    


Emily has taken it upon herself to teach Hannah how to crawl.  She'll crawl to Hannah and say "Wook (look)  Hannah, Wook!"  


In the last couple weeks Hannah has also learned to go from laying down on her stomach to sitting up.  She's gotten quite good at it.  

A few days ago she started also sitting up in her crib.  Up to this point I think she thought she had to lay down in her crib.  Ha.:)  Well, the secret's out and it's made for some interesting nap times.  She'd rather show me how she can sit up/stand up in her crib rather than sleep.  She plays, talks to herself and says "Mama" over and over.  Little cutie!  

This is how I found her just after I looked in the monitor and saw her sitting up in her crib...grinning from ear to ear....she was quite proud of herself.:)  Her crib wasn't even lowered yet, but thankfully her Daddy was home that day and he took care of that just minutes later.:)  



She's also started talking more.  She's started saying "Dada" and "Hey".  I'm pretty sure it makes her Daddy's day when she says "Dada" with a big smile plastered across her face.    

She's growing up on us for sure!  The days are gone when I can set her down and she'll stay in one place.  From this point on she'll just be getting faster and faster with getting where she wants to go.  I know this crawling stage is going to keep me busy (more sweeping, more vacuuming, more picking up the little bitty toys that I don't want her to eat), but this is such a fun stage! I can't wait to see her crawling all over the house, following me around.  It's such a short little stage.  It will just be a few months and she'll be toddling around, trying to keep up with her big sister.  I'm so thankful for our happy, healthy, 8 month old, almost-crawler, and I'm planning on soaking up these days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment