Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Clemson Weekend

A while ago we planned a trip to Clemson to visit with my college friends and see the Tigers play.  The plan was for my parents to keep the girls and we would have a date weekend.  We were super excited about it!  After we lost the baby Bert and I were not exactly feeling up to the trip, but we decided to go ahead and do it.  We thought a change of scenery and some one-on-one time with each other would be good, we already had tickets, and we were looking forward to seeing old friends....it was a good decision.:)  

On Friday we drove to Toccoa to drop the girls off, and the date weekend/night began.  We started it off with lunch at my favorite restaurant in Toccoa, Brother John's.  It's just a sub place, but they're good, and just being there makes me very happy.  Then we headed to Anderson, SC for a matinee movie.  We watched "Trouble with the Curve" with Clint Eastwood.  It was good and we both enjoyed it!  After the movie we headed to Clemson.  We walked around the Clemson campus for 2 1/2 hours, and then had dinner together before going to meet up with my friends. The weather could not have been more PERFECT!  I showed him where my old classes were and we just enjoyed talking and being together.  (You'll notice in the picture that Bert just HAD to represent UGA while on the Clemson campus!)


Friday night we met up with everybody at my friend Jennifer's in-law's lake place in Seneca.  Their house on Lake Keowee is absolutely beautiful and they are so sweet to let us stay there for free any time we want to get together.  

We had such a great time hanging out with everyone on Friday night.  We stayed up way too late talking, but that's just what we do.:)  

We took a group picture of all the girls just before leaving for the game. 


Us with our good friends Keri and Patrick.  We told Bert and Patrick to come get in the picture with us and they thought it would be funny to take the picture on the "wrong" side.:)  


Keri, Kristin and I just before we went in to find our seats.  


This was the first Clemson game Bert had ever been to.  The weather was absolutely perfect, Clemson won, and he just likes watching football....I'd say he'll come back.:)  

I also want to give Bert credit for wearing an orange shirt to the game.  He didn't own anything orange when we got married and he had no plans of changing that, but eventually he got an orange shirt that he wears occasionally. And at this game he really did cheer on the Tigers.  He would jump up and clap faster than I would (that's probably b/c he was paying better attention to the game).  At one point he looked over and asked me if I knew why I was clapping...I started laughing b/c I definitely had no idea!  Ha...oh well!:)  


As soon as the game was over we headed back to Toccoa to pick up our girls.  We were so excited to see them.:)  A big thank you to Mimi and Papa Stan for keeping them!  

We had a great weekend!  We're thankful for good friends and family and quality time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment