Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Carving a Pumpkin

Bert grew up carving pumpkins with his family for Halloween and said at the beginning of October that we needed to carve a pumpkin this year.  (Last year Emily was a little young and wouldn't have even noticed.) My family carved a few while we were growing up, but I don't remember doing it every year. So I was excited about starting a new family tradition and I knew the girls would be.  

Emily was by her Daddy's side during the entire process!  She had so much fun, although she wasn't totally sure about the mess.  At one point she told me "Mommy, Daddy's hands are weally (really) weally dirty....he needs a paper towel."  Ha!


Hannah didn't miss any of the action either....she took it all in from her high chair!  



The finished product with two happy girls.  

 


It was a fun family night and definitely a tradition that we'll keep up!

1 comment: