Thursday, December 19, 2013

37 1/2 Weeks - Claire

So we've made it to 37 1/2 weeks....2 1/2 weeks until my due date!  She really could come any time.  I had a check up earlier in the week and it went well.  BP 110/60, Claire's heart rate was in the upper 130's, and I got some GREAT news...I tested Group B Strep NEGATIVE for this pregnancy!  My jaw dropped when she told me I was negative because the doctors had told me that since I was GBS positive with Hannah (neg with Em) that I more than likely would be positive for this pregnancy.  Being Group B Strep positive means that it's really important for the mom to have 2 rounds of antibiotics before delivering.  The rounds have to be four hours apart.  I usually progress quickly once I hit active labor (went from 4 to 10 in just over an hour with Hannah) so I was a little nervous about getting to the hospital in time to get all the necessary antibiotics before I delivered.  SO excited and thankful that I don't even have to think about it this time around!!:)  

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for weeks, but just recently I've started having some painful contractions that definitely get my attention.  A few nights ago I started having some more painful contractions that had me a little nervous.  I had packed Claire's bag, but that's it.  I didn't have the first thing packed for us...plus about a million other things I wanted to get done before we headed to the hospital.  The contractions started a little before 10pm and were coming every 5-10 minutes, but not lasting long at all.  They started in my back and wrapped around to my sides.  I laid down and by about 11:30 they had pretty much stopped.  The good news is that Bert and I both have our bags packed now!:)  I talked to my doctor about these painful contractions and she said that is SO common for a 3rd pregnancy.  She said especially after you've had multiple pregnancies the last couple of weeks can be very painful.  The tricky part is that you can't just try to ignore the contractions...you have to pay attention (I basically can't focus on anything else) to them to find out if they're going to stop (Braxton Hicks) or keep going (labor).  I definitely didn't have any of these painful contractions prior to labor with Em or Hannah.  I have a feeling it's going to keep me on my toes over the next couple weeks!:)  

I'd really love for Claire to wait to arrive until after Christmas...just 6 more days!!  I'm planning on all my Christmas decorations coming down on the 26th and we will officially be in waiting mode for our sweet girl!  We'll be sooo excited and ready to meet her anytime, but if I had a choice I'd probably pick after Christmas just so that her birthday is after the busy the Christmas season.  God has a perfect plan for our girl though and we're thankful for that! 

My doctors office usually starts checking for dilation at 38 weeks.  That appointment will be on Christmas Eve Eve for me.  I talked to them about holding off on checking me until 39 weeks, just so that we didn't unintentionally get things stirred up.:)  The doctors thought it was a great plan to wait until 39 weeks.  I actually really like knowing how far dilated I am (it helps this Type-A-planner), but I'm going to wait patiently until 39 weeks!:)

I'm so thankful for such an easy, smooth pregnancy so far!  Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby girl! 


Claire, someone jokingly asked Emily at church last night if you could go home with them after you arrived.  She quickly shook her head and told them "no."  She said "We need another little girl!"  Your sisters are excited about meeting you (they love feeling you kick, telling you bye any time I walk out the door, showing you toys, etc), your Mommy and Daddy can hardly wait too...you are one loved little girl!:)  We're so so excited to hold you in our arms!  Our bags are packed and we're ready to go!:)  We love you so much and we're so thankful for you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment