Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas with the Roberts

On Christmas morning we headed over to Toccoa and got there about 11.  It was the first time in my 30 years that I haven't woken up at my parents house on Christmas morning.  I missed them, but definitely enjoyed waking up in our own house.  I love making new traditions/memories with Bert and the girls!  

When we got there Mimi and the kiddo's started passing out presents.  Jacob and Hannah kept taking the presents to the person that they go to instead of putting them in the person's present pile...it was a little confusing to them at first.:)  


Jacob got this fun power wheel truck from his parents and grandparents and they brought it over to Mimi and Papa's so that Hannah and Emily could play with it too!  Emily drove, Jacob rode shotgun, and we loaded Hannah up in the back.  


After a little while Hannah had had enough fun so Uncle Brett got her out.  In her defense there was a lot of starting and stopping as Emily was figuring out how to keep her foot on the gas pedal....not exactly a smooth ride!:)  


Emily was having sooo much fun though!  I took this picture as she was driving by me.  I know it's a little blurry, but I liked it!  


A picture of our cuties...


We started singing "If you're happy and you know it" which got them all a little more excited!  


We enjoyed an amazing lunch, afternoon naps for the kids, a maze game competition for the guys, and just enjoyed being together.  I'm very thankful we were able to go to Toccoa (just an hour from the hospital) this year.  We so enjoyed being with everyone!

It's now the day after Christmas and all of our Christmas decorations were packed up before lunch.  It is definitely the quickest we've ever had our decorations down!  I have a week and a half until my due date...SO excited about meeting our sweet girl!  I can't wait to hold our Claire in my arms.  Getting very ready!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment