Monday, December 16, 2013

These Days

So it's the middle of December and I haven't written one post this month.  It's flying by and it's been a fun, busy month so far!  I thought I would try catch up on everything we've been doing in one post.  So here goes...

We started out the month with another baby shower for sweet Claire.  This was a diaper and wipes baby shower given by some ladies at our church.  I just can't tell you what a huge blessing this was!  We got so many diapers and wipes and other fun things.  We are SO thankful!!  I was so disappointed that I forgot my camera for the shower!  I always have my camera.  Oh well, you can just imagine a cute cake and lots of sweet ladies!:)  

A couple weeks ago (early Dec) Hannah and Emily both got sick, which earned them tickets to the pediatrician.  They both had croup and Hannah had an ear infection.  After a round of steroids and antibiotics, we got them cleared up.  Thankful to have that behind us and praying we don't see it again this winter.  

I've started weekly appointments with my OB.  They've been going well!  I can't believe we're already to that point...not long now!  I'm going to put up a 37 week post in the next day or so with more info on baby Claire!:)  

Emily had her Christmas performance with her Preschool Choir at church.  They sang three songs and did such a great job!!  Emily's on the far left of the front row of the picture below.  Thank you so much to Kristen and Niki and for loving on Emily each Sunday night!  You both do such a great job and she LOVES "Praise and Play!"  


Funny story:  Just before the kids were about to start their performance someone realized that there was a mix up and there wasn't a microphone set up for the kids.  Bert grabbed a microphone and kind of laid in the floor, holding the mic up to them so that you could hear them, but he would still be out of the way.  You can see his hand and the microphone in the picture above.  

Several times during their performance I saw Emily lean down to tell her Daddy something.  I couldn't tell what she was saying. She kept telling him that "I want a turn, Daddy." He thought she was saying that she wanted to hold the microphone, so he just kept telling her to keep singing.  After church that day we were headed out to lunch with some friends and Emily just started crying.  We asked her why she was upset and through her tears she said "Daddy, you kept letting Shaelynn have a turn with the microphone, but you wouldn't let me have a turn. I wanted a turn!"  Emily's friend Shaelynn was standing beside her during their performance and she just happened to be more in the middle of the group so Bert kept the microphone in front of her.  Haha!  We tried to explain it to her, but finally gave up and just let her cry....she was tired, hungry and three years old, so she had several thins working against her.:)  

Our 6 year anniversary was December 15th!  This year it fell on a Sunday and we knew it would be a busy day, so we went out to dinner to celebrate one night the week before!  Mimi came up to keep the girls for us.  It was so sweet of her to come and it allowed us to have a fun relaxing night!  


I'm just so thankful for my husband!  He just loves me and encourages me and serves me so well.  He's my best friend and favorite person in the world!:)  So thankful for our marriage!  

We've had the opportunity to go to several Christmas parties over the last few weeks:  Sunday school party, Women's Ministry Christmas Party (Steph), Youth Christmas Party, and a Beautiful Ornament Swap Party (Steph)!  We've had lots of fun at the different parties.  We're thankful for our church family, laughter, yummy party food, games and just good friends!  

The picture below was taken during the youth Christmas party.  We were playing the Christmas version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"  Except for the winner won a gift card to Chick-fil-A instead of a million dollars...:)  It was fun!  


Group picture at the tacky sweater youth Christmas party!  This is an awesome group of students!!  


When you add in buying last minute baby items, organizing, washing, and just getting ready for Claire,  a birthing center tour, haircuts, dinners with friends, buying a few remaining gifts, wrapping presents, plus the above activities...I think you'll agree it's been a fun, busy month!:)  

Merry Christmas from the Watts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment