Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Claire - 1 month

Claire turned 1 month old last Saturday and had her one month check up today!  She got a great report!  She weighed 11lbs, 13oz and was in the 101st percentile for her weight (that's right...off the charts).  She was 22 inches long and in the 78th percentile for her height.  The doctor was so pleased with her weight gain.  Claire only nurses about 8 minutes every three hours (and she only nurses from one side each time).  Our doctor said I obviously have mostly all hindmilk for her to be nursing for such a short time and gaining weight like she is (Hannah did the same thing...only nursed about 8 minutes or so every 3 hours).  Very thankful...I would much rather have her off the charts on this end of the chart than on the other. I love my little cutie pie!!

I had to pack up Claire's newborn clothes last weekend...a little sad.  She tolerates the pacifier and will take it about 50% of the time, but even the 50% of the time that she will take it you have to keep holding it in her mouth a lot of the time.  It does seem to calm her down from time to time, but I definitely wouldn't call her a paci lover yet.  She likes getting her diaper changed and will often calm down during the change and after.  She's also started liking her bath as of about a week ago.  It's much more pleasant to bathe her these days.  

Claire's sleeping about  3 1/2 to 4 hours in a row at night (going about 4-5 hours between feedings).  I now know what people are talking about when they say they have a loud sleeper.  Claire makes lots of noises in her sleep and many of them wake me up, but I still loving having her in the same room as me for now.  

Claire's one month photo...


Emily and Hannah wanted to pile on the chair with her.  Sweet Claire didn't seem to mind.  They're not actually sitting on her even though it does look like it in this picture.:)


I was just about to pick Claire up and I noticed that Hannah and Claire were just staring at each other, so I had to snap a picture.  I hadn't told them to look at each other.  Just checking each other out...


Happy 1 Month!!  We love you, Claire!!

1 comment:

  1. You have the BEST eaters! Cannot believe she is a month already!

    ReplyDelete