Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Snow Days

So a lot of the Southeast got snow or ice last week.  Greenville was projected to possibly get close to a foot of snow.  Wow!  That's a lot of snow for this girl from Toccoa. I was looking forward to fun family time with my hubby and three girls, but I was a little concerned about the possibility of us losing power.  Every time we turned on the news they were talking about how they were expecting many many outages in the area.  Well we had a 5 week old at the time and the idea of losing power and keeping her warm enough had me a little concerned.  Thankfully, we kept our power and enjoyed the beautiful snow...win, win!   I think we ended up getting about 7 inches or so...




I grew up with my mom making snow ice cream for us every time it snowed, but I had never made it myself.  Since ice cream (any ice cream....DQ, store bought, homemade, snow ice cream...I'm not picky)just so happens to be my favorite food I decided that I should stock our freezer with the yummy stuff! Bert was pretty excited about it too!


As Bert, Emily and Hannah were walking out of the house to go build their snowman I tried to hand him one of my cute scarf and hat sets. He just looked at me and said "Steph, the snowman's a boy." Ha...that didn't cross my mind, but I supposed since he's surrounded by girls every day of every year we can let the snowman be a boy!:)  He said that the snowman was wearing a Braves hat in honor of pitchers and catchers reporting that day...Go Braves!  

Emily had so much fun building the snowman with Daddy!  Hannah kept falling (the snow was a little deep for her) and then couldn't get back up without help and the whole situation made her furious.:)  She ended up coming in with Mommy and Claire...sweet girl!  


It was a fun few days of snow!  While we enjoyed the snow, I feel like it's worth repeating....come on Spring!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment