Saturday, April 12, 2014

31st

My birthday was Monday (7th), and I had such a great day!  So, so much to be thankful for!  

We decided to do my birthday dinner with my parents on Sunday night.  Just to recap the weekend: that was a Disciple Now for Bert, lots of party preparation for me and mom, late Saturday afternoon Bert found out that our pastor was sick and he was going to need Bert to preach for him during the Sunday morning and Sunday night services (Bert was happy to do it and did a great job), a four year old birthday party on Sunday afternoon, and a birthday dinner for me on Sunday night! Yikes!  It was a good weekend, but I was slightly worn out by the end of it...nobody can keep up that pace every weekend.:)  

Mom and Dad bought me my beloved ice cream cake (from Dairy Queen...no other ice cream cake will do) for my birthday.  I've been excited about it for a couple weeks now and it did not disappoint.  I was the one that stopped by DQ to pick up the cake on Saturday afternoon while Mom was watching the girls.  I realized that I needed to get the 8 inch cake so that it would fit in my freezer (we have a side by side and the freezer part isn't very wide...just a little over 8 inches to be exact).  Anyway, when I got to DQ I looked at the 8 inch and I looked at the 10 inch....there was only a $3 difference in the cost....the 8 inch pretty much looked like it was going to be big enough to give everyone two bites, max.  I decided to go with the 10 inch (even though I knew it wouldn't fit).  You can call me a pig, but remember this is my favorite and I've been excited about this for awhile and I only get it once or twice a year. :)  


I wasn't quite sure what we were going to do, but it turns out the cake is so frozen you can turn it up on it's side...like in the picture below...and it won't slide at all.  Good to know for future reference. Ha!  


The kids stayed and played with Papa Stan and Mimi on Sunday night while Bert and I went to church.  We picked up dinner on the way home and when I walked in the door I was greeted by them singing happy birthday to me and they had set everything up for my birthday dinner.  So sweet!  


My mom even hung up Emily's princess banner from her party earlier that day and replaced "4th" with "31st"!:)  


And the girls made me a happy birthday sign.


It was a great birthday dinner!  I felt very loved!:)  


Monday was my actual birthday and we celebrated again with a birthday dinner of tacos with just our family of 5.  Don't worry...we had plennnnnty of ice cream cake left over.  It's possible my eyes were a little bigger than my stomach.  

I'm thankful for my family and friends and for these 31 years where God has blessed me more than I could have imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment