Tuesday, April 22, 2014

T-Town

Bert and 21 others from our church headed to Nicaragua last week on a mission trip.  They had a great trip and saw many come to Christ!  The people down there are so loving and generous.  Our group went down there to serve, but Bert told me several stories of how the Nicaraguans were giving generously to our group...even when they had so little.  It was a good reminder of the fact that we need to worry less about the stuff we have and worry more about our relationships with others.  I really hope to be able to go with the group to Nicaragua one of these years.  

While Bert was in Nicaragua the girls and I headed to Toccoa to spend time with my family.  We also had a great week!  We had lots of playdates with Jacob, which the girls loved!  The first day we were there was absolutely beautiful so we had an Easter egg hunt for the kids in the back yard. 


My sweet Emily kept picking up eggs and running to put them in Jacob and Hannah's bags.  You can see her putting an egg in Jacob's bag in the picture below.  


Mimi kept Claire Bear in the shade for us!  Love my pretty (inside and out) Mama!  


My Aunt Renea (Nea Nea) and her husband, Mat, were also visiting this week from New Mexico.  They were already planning to come for a visit sometime in April or May and when they heard that me and the girls were going to be staying with Mom and Dad for the week they decided that would be a good week to come...although they were sad about not getting to see Bert.  

We had such a great visit with them!  I love love love spending time with my Nea!  She's sooo much fun (always has been)! Mat and Renea spoiled my girls all week by playing all kinds of games with them, reading to them, tucking them into bed, etc.  

Nea meeting Claire for the first time.  


The kids had fun with this parachute!  


It was pretty early in the morning and Emily got this idea to tie a string to the back of the wagon and hook the little riding toy up to it.  She was so excited about her idea!  Mat started looking for string and made it happen for her, then spent a long time just pulling them all around the yard.  


I've always called Renea, "Nea" or "Nea Nea", but Emily came up with her own name and has started calling her "Aunt Renea Nea!"  Ha!  Whatever floats her boat...Nea doesn't care.  

Another morning I went up to take a shower while Claire was taking a nap and this is what I came down to. Super fun, I tell you!  


We miss them already and look forward to the next time we get to see them!  

Papa Stan getting some cuddles with Claire!   


Katherine and Brett's church had an Easter egg hunt while we were in town so we decided it would be fun to take the girls!  

All the kids getting ready to go hunt...


Our three kiddo's!  Please take note of the purses that I found for E and H to use for Easter baskets in their Aunt Katherine's old closet.  Making do.  If they had been a few years older they might have had something to say about that, but they didn't seem to mind this year.:)  


Claire snuggled with me and slept through the whole egg hunt!  Sweet thing!  I got this Ergo before Hannah, but didn't really use it much with her.  I use it all the time for Claire though....she L.O.V.E.S it and so do I.  I get to snuggle with my baby and still have two hands to keep up with my other two...win for everyone!  


We tried to get Jacob to jump in the picture below with the girls, but he would have nothing to do with it.:)


She's really liking her bumbo these days...doing super great holding her head up!  


 I usually try to keep Claire awake for awhile after her feedings before I let her go to sleep (Baby Wise).  Papa's favorite job just so happens to be rocking babies to sleep, so if he was home he would happily take over when it was nap time.  He dubbed himself "the closer."   


It's so fun to me to see my kids' different personalities.  I mean, I realize I'm very different from my brother and my sister, but still a small part of me is surprised when I find differences between them.  Ha!  I'm thankful they're not the same!  Love all three of their different personalities and can't wait to get to know them better!  

Hannah is a dog lover....big time!  She was constantly playing with Tiger, wanting to know where he was, etc....thankfully he's very laid back and doesn't mind all the attention.  Emmy isn't scared of Tiger, but she just doesn't pay him too much attention.  


No trip to Toccoa is complete without a trip to Papa's office.  The girls love it there!  


We had fun dying Easter eggs!  Smidge messy, but fun!


We are thankful for my parents and for them letting us come play for the week!  It was such a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment