Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Emily - 4 years

Emily had her 4 year check up on Friday and she got a great report.  She weighs 33 lbs and 14 oz and is in the 40th percentile for her weight.  She's 39.1 inches tall and is in the 36th percentile for her height.  I knew before the appointment that she would probably have to have a couple shots, but I found out once we were there that she was scheduled to get 5 shots.  Shesh.  FIVE.

She had just gotten her finger pricked in the picture below and was about to get her shots.


She did so great and I kept telling her how proud I was of her.  On the way home when I would tell her she did a great job she would say...."no I didn't...I cried."  I probably would have cried if I had to get 5 shots too.  No more shots until she's 9....that sounds soooo long away, but I'm sure it will be here before we know it.

Emily's a tender-hearted little thing.  She gets her feelings hurt easily and loves deeply.  For about a year now EVERY SINGLE TIME we tuck her in for bedtime or naptime she has to tell us a "secret" and a "something."  As we're about to leave the room she'll say "Your secret is that I love you with ALL of my heart and your something is that I love you with ALL of my joy."  She would insist on telling every person in the house this same "secret" and "something" (word for word) before she would settle down to sleep. Every single time she said it you could tell that she meant it...it was heart felt. Sometimes we were tempted to want to hurry her along...I mean we knew exactly what she was going to say and we were ready for her to go to bed, but we always let her tell us a "secret".  In the last month or so she's started only telling is a "secret" every once in awhile.  We knew that this sweet little phase wouldn't last for very long, but it brought many smiles to our faces.

I decided to do a little interview with our big 4 year old....this is what she said:

What is your name?  Emily

How old are you? 4

Where do you live? Greenville

What is your favorite color?  Purple

What is your favorite toy? Princess Computer

What is your favorite food?  Raisins

What is your favorite drink?  Apple Juice

What is your favorite thing to do?  Read books and sing songs

What do you want to be when you grow up?  A Mommy; A Bride

Who is your teacher?  Mrs. Morgan

Who is your best friend?  Mrs. Martha

What is your favorite song?  Happy Happy Easter

What is your favorite book?  Llama Llama Nighty-Night

What is your favorite movie?  Frozen

Who is the funniest person you know?  Daddy

Where is your favorite place to go?  Church

What does your Mommy always say to you?  That you love me and go to time out

What does your Daddy always say to you?  Goodnight

We are so so so thankful for you Emily Jean Watts!  You are blessing and I LOVE being your Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment