Friday, May 16, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Well, this was easily the best Mother's Day Ever!  I got to spend it with Bert's parents, my parents, my wonderful husband and all three of my sweet babies!  Plus the weather was beautiful!  

The preschool choir sang to start off the service.  Emily did such a great job and all four of her grandparents got to hear her sing in church for the first time.  I'm so thankful for Kristen and Niki and their willingness to work with these kiddos each week.  Emily LOVES choir and I appreciate both of you loving on her so much!  


After the choir sang it was time for Claire's dedication.  We promised before the church to do everything we could to point her to Christ by our words and actions.  We're so thankful for our church and the way that they come along side of us and help us in that effort.  We're praying right now for sweet Claire...praying that she would trust in Jesus and be a light for Him in a dark world.  


After the service we all headed over to Red Bowl for lunch!  I tried to make reservations at Red Lobster first (both my mom and Linda's favorite restaurant), but they weren't taking reservations, so I moved on down the list.  Red Bowl is actually one of my favorite restaurants...I was pretty excited!  


Bert and his sweet Mom


Me and Mama...I really do want to be just like her!:) 


Bert's parents had to leave for Jackson after lunch so that they could make it back for dinner with Jeff's mom.  My parents came back to our house for an hour or so before leaving for Toccoa.  Claire ended up falling asleep on Papa Stan's chest and you know how he has a weakness for sleeping babies, so they stayed a little longer than planned.  Would you believe that all 7 of us got a nap on that Sunday afternoon...at the same time....so peaceful!  

After Mimi and Papa left, the 5 of us took off for a walk around the neighborhood and then came back to play in the back yard.  The weather was absolutely beautiful!  At Emily's request we had a picnic dinner on the patio in the backyard.  We all enjoyed it SO much!   


I could not imagine a better Mother's Day!  So thankful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment