Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas in Toccoa

On Christmas Eve afternoon we headed over to Toccoa to meet my family at the Christmas Eve service at my parents' church.  I grew up going to this service each Christmas Eve and we haven't been able to make it to this service since we've been married, so it was so special that we were able to be there this year.  Brought back lots of good memories, plus I loved seeing so many people that I've known all my life!  There is just something about walking in and having people call me "Steph" and "Steph-a-neph-a-neph-a-nie" that makes me feel comfortable and loved.  

Papa Stan ended up walking out with Claire during the service.  Claire kept trying to talk to us and when I would cover my hand with her mouth that would only irritate her.  


On Christmas morning the girls were SO excited about running down stairs to see what Santa had brought them. Emily was about to burst.  Hannah was very excited.  And Claire was slightly confused about what all the excitement was about.  We had actually woken Claire up just before taking this picture. 


Emily was so excited about the tablets (Leapfrog LeapPad) that Santa brought her and Hannah. Claire was too busy checking out what Hannah had gotten to even find her gifts.  I had to bring her to them right after I took this picture.  


I snapped these pictures just before we started opening gifts with my parents and siblings.



Ressie was taking her morning nap when we opened gifts, but she didn't mind missing the craziness. She enjoyed her own opening party after she woke up! 



The girls loved getting to spend time with Jacob and Ressie!  Ressie will turn 1 in about 2 weeks and she is going to be running around with her big cousins in no time.  She's already started taking a few steps.  I love that Jacob wanted to hold his chainsaw for the picture.  He declared it is favorite Christmas gift.


Just before lunch Aunt Ann (mom's sister), Uncle Bud, Angela, Uncle Jimmy (mom's brother) and Aunt Kathy arrived.  We enjoyed having all of them there to spend the afternoon and evening with us! 

Claire was telling Aunt Ann and Uncle Bud about something.  


I caught Claire and Ressie playing together and I thought it was cute!  They are going to be buddies.  



5 going on 15.  


Watts Family Photo


We had such a wonderful Christmas!  So thankful that our Savior was born.  So thankful for family. So thankful for the three girls standing in front of us and we can't wait to have one more in our arms next Christmas! 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment