Thursday, December 3, 2015

Decorating the Tree

I think I was as excited about decorating this year as the girls.  I feel like each year as they get a little older decorating for Christmas gets more fun!  

Picking out our tree:


Emily and Hannah were really big helpers this year in putting the ornaments on the tree.  Every other year they've lost interest at some point and started doing something else, but this year they wanted to help until the end.  Emily was nervous about putting some of the ornaments on and kept asking if we would help find a strong branch.  Hannah had no reservations and was happy to put any and all ornaments where ever (and usually over and over in the same spot!). 


Also, Hannah loves to be a ballerina these days.  It's her dress-up clothes of choice. We have several different leotards and most days you will find her in one of them.  She also asks me at least 3 times a week when she gets to take dance.  My answer is always the same...."next fall, when you are 4", but I'm not sure she gets that because she just keeps right on asking.:)   


Claire was interested in putting ornaments on the tree for all of about 2 seconds.  I'm actually impressed Bert got this picture in that 2 second time span because I'm not exaggerating.  Right after this picture, she got busy playing and couldn't have cared less about what were were doing with the tree.:)  


We still have a few finishing touches, a topper and a tree skirt, but it is mostly done and we love it!  


Merry Christmas from the Watts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment