Tuesday, February 23, 2016

38 Weeks

I had my 38 week appointment yesterday.  I am now 38 weeks and 3 days....my due date is less than 2 weeks away.  Getting SO close!  At my 36 week appointment Abby was transverse (sideways), at my 37 week appointment she was breech and at my 38 week appointment she was oblique (picturing a clock, her head was at about 7:30....pointing toward my hip).  Our girl is definitely keeping these last few weeks interesting!  She is closer to where she needs to be than she was when she was breech, so I'm thankful for that; although, since no part of her is engaged, she can easily decide to flip back up top. I was dilated a big fat zero at 36 weeks and at my 38 week appointment I still wasn't even a ONE.  Crazy!  Apparently I need her head to get down so that I can start the dilating process. 

The end of this pregnancy has been so different than with my other three....I am not feeling the pressure down low that I usually do at this point, I'm hardly having any braxton hicks contractions, and I am just more doubtful that she could come any day.  It's not that I'm not excited about her coming because I am SO excited, but her not being in position and me not dilating at all has taken a little bit of the anticipation out of it....I'm not constantly thinking Will she come today?  Tomorrow?  This weekend?  (She totally still could.  My water could break and that would get this party started very quickly.)  Instead of the "when will she come?" questions, with every kick I feel I'm asking myself....Is she still in the same position?  Did she move?  Was that her head?  Or arm?  Or foot?  And she is moving around a lot so I'm basically thinking about her position all the time.  

We're still really praying she'll pop into place sometime over the week, but I am totally okay with a C-section if that's what needs to happen for both or either of us. Trusting that God will work it all out. I'm still doing these "exercises" that I have been told will help to get the baby to flip.  I usually get my knees on the edge of the couch and then put my head and forearms on the floor. Certainly not the most comfortable position for a very pregnant woman and my husband will be in serious trouble if he takes a picture of me doing it, but here is a cute picture of the girls copying me. 

They said they were trying to get their babies to flip.  


Abby's heart rate was good yesterday (144 bpm) and she was busy kicking all around.  


If she doesn't get head down before March 1st (ONE week from today) I will have a C-section on that day.  If she does there is a chance they may induce that day, but that's still up in the air.  Either way my baby will be in my arms soon and I can't wait!  

This morning I was doing a quick grocery trip run and noticed the milk expiration date was past my due date (March 5th)!  That, my friends, is super exciting to me!!  


Just a week or so more!  We love you Abby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment