Friday, February 19, 2016

Hannah - 4 years

I usually wait to do their big birthday post until after they have had their well check-up for that new age and then I include any details from that appointment along with their weight and height stats. Well, Hannah's well checkup is scheduled for March 3rd (Abby is due March 5th) and I can't get it moved up any.  If I have to have a c-section that will more than likely be on March 1st and her well check might get pushed back another week or so, so I decided to just go ahead and post.  

Here are a few things I'm treasuring about Hannah at this age...

-She loves movies and/or shows and gets so excited when she is allowed to watch one.  

-She likes to hold Claire's hand as we are walking out to the van in our driveway.  She walks Claire over to her door, waits until I pick Claire up to put her in the carseat and then walks around to her side of the car.  

-She can produce real tears faster than most people can blink.

-Yesterday she walked into my room and proudly said "I am sooooooo much taller than Claire."  

-She loves apples, pimento cheese sandwiches, pears, carrots, salad, and all things sweet.  

-She doesn't love yogurt or milk.  

-She likes her apples with the peel on and cut a certain way, she doesn't want to use a "baby" spoon but prefers to use a "big girl spoon" (small adult spoon).  

-I feel like I can confidently say that she would let herself dehydrate if it were not for my nagging her about drinking.  She is simply too busy with other things to bother drinking milk, juice or water.  

-She does this really quick nod/blink (at the same time) when she is happy about something we have told her.  Ex.  "Hannah, you only have 5 more minutes of rest time, go back to bed and you can get up when your light turns green."  Que her quick nod and blink thing.  It's cute!  

-She has a new fear of elevators.  Last Sunday I was riding the elevator at church with all three girls and Claire reached for the alarm button while I was talking to someone else on the elevator.  I kind of did a gasp thing and told Claire "no, no" right as she was pushing it.  I didn't scream or freak out but apparently I traumatized Hannah.  Claire must not have pushed the button hard enough because the alarm didn't go off.  As we got off the elevator Hannah was crying and she has had two other opportunities to ride an elevator since that incident and has cried both times, not wanting to get on.  Hopefully I haven't totally warped her.  Oh well.  

-She loves dresses and tights and cute shoes and really doesn't like pants of any kind.  If you see her in a pair of jeans just know she was strongly encouraged to put them on.  

-She falls asleep during "rest time" about once every other week.  When she does go to sleep she'll sleep for over an hour.  I use the term "rest time" loosely because she stays very busy in her room during that time.  She reads books for a little bit, sings, pulls out stuff from her closet, drawers....she often has some pretty big clean up once "rest time" is over.  

-Hannah got in a disagreement with Emily earlier in the week about what Abby would be wearing when she is born.  Emily insisted she would be naked and Hannah was equally sure she would be born with a blanket wrapped around her.  She said that is how she doesn't get cold in Mommy's tummy.

-Hannah is a little confused about how quickly her birthday rolls around and she asked me this morning if I would still have Abby in my tummy on her next birthday day (when she turns 5).  Umm NOOOOOOOOO!  

She got these new fleece footie pajamas for her birthday.  She loves them and wants to wear them every night.  


Here is a little interview I did with our sweet 4 year old....

What is your name?  Hannah

How old are you? 4

Where do you live? At home.

What is your favorite color?  Pink  

What is your favorite toy?  Minnie

What is your favorite food?   Carrots

What is your favorite drink?   Juice

What is your favorite thing to do?  Ride my Elsa and Anna Bike

What do you want to be when you grow up?   A princess.

Who is your teacher?  Mrs. Bradshaw

Who is your best friend?   Jacob

What is your favorite song?  Tarzan

What is your favorite book?  Jasmine

What is your favorite movie?  Tarzan

Who is the funniest person you know?  Emmy, no Claire, no Jacob....it's Jacob.   

Where is your favorite place to go?  The Star Restaurant (Also known as Hardee's)

What does your Mommy always say to you?   "Don't play on the computer."

What does your Daddy always say to you?  "Clean up."

We love you, Hannah Beth!  You bring us so much laughter and joy and you couldn't be any cuter if you tried.  We are so so thankful for you!  Love, Daddy, Mommy, Emily, Claire and Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment