Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Abby - 2 Months

Abby had her 2 month old check up last Friday.  She was 23 inches long and in the 67th percentile for her length and she was 12 lbs and 14 oz and in the 88th percentile for her weight. She's such a sweet lovable little thing.  I loved her little expression in the picture below...so alert!  



A Few Things I Love About Our 2-Month-Old:

-She's smiling more these days, often in response to our voices, although it's not just "all the time" yet.  
-She's still sleeping about 8 1/2 hours every night and she naps between every feeding.  I try to do the eat, wake, sleep cycle, so she usually has about an hour of awake time after each feeding and then is ready for a nap. The naps range in length between an hour to thirty minutes
-She's not a big fan of tummy time and often lets us hear about it.  


Although when she's in the mood for tummy time she's doing great with her neck muscles.  Workin' hard!


-At the 2 month appointment we found out Claire was starting to get a flat spot on the back of her head so we had to keep her off of her back as much as possible; thankfully Abby didn't have that issue.  
-She loves her play mat and all those lights maker her smile faster than anything.  


-Abby nurses 6 times a day.  
-She went through a week or a little more where every time we offered her a bottle she absolutely refused....I'm talking screaming, screaming, gagging herself, screaming, more screaming.  She was furious we were even offering that thing to her. It was stressful to hear her so upset and I was sad because we had tried so hard to keep her acclimated with the bottle so that she would take it when I needed her to.  After a few days break Bert tried to give her a bottle again and that sweet baby took it.  I was sooooo proud.  We were giving her a bottle every other day, but since her little one week stunt of not taking it we have upped her bottle intake to once a day.  She started taking a bottle again about a week and a half ago and so far so good since then.
-Our only real issue has been with nursing.  She's doing just fine, but I keeeeep getting plugged duct after plugged duct.  Last week I had 2 days of mastitis symptoms (VERY painful, fever, chills, weakness and extreme fatigue).  My fever was low grade and went away over night and didn't come back.  That episode ended up resolving itself without antibiotics, but it wasn't enjoyable.  I've talked to the lactation consultants and they seem to think my issues of so many plugged ducts are stemming from an oversupply.  I agree with them so I'm working on trying to get my body more regulated to producing what Abby needs/wants.  We'll see.  


Claire said this morning "Abby loes (she leaves out the v) me, I loe Abby."  Abby, you are one loved 2 month old, loved by so many!

No comments:

Post a Comment