Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

I really do feel like this was the best Mother's Day yet.  Maybe I say that every year, I'm not sure, but it was a great day!  I felt so loved and loved having all of my babies in my arms. 




The Play and Praise choir sang two songs at church on Mother's Day morning and did a great job!  At one point during their performance Hannah started waving and Emily reached over (across Seth) and pulled Hannah's hand down.  Ha!  


We also took part in a special time of dedicating our Abigail along with our friends Chase and Jacinta's son Hunter to the Lord.  It's really encouraging to us to stand before our church, making a promise to teach her about Jesus and His sacrifice for her while our church promises to help us to raise her to know, trust and follow Him. I loved having our whole family up there together as we made this commitment.   


This is both our families standing up front. Hunter is one month and one day older than Abby and I'm sure they're going to be big buddies.  


Abby wore the dress that my sister and I wore as infants when we were christened (I grew up in a Methodist church).  Emily, Hannah and Claire didn't wear the dress for their dedications because I didn't know we still had it.  My mom didn't think about it either. We're so glad that my sister found it packed away just before Ressie's dedication a year ago, so Ressie and Abby got to wear it!  


Emily was making her smile in the picture below.  The dress is white I'm not sure why it looks yellowish in the picture below, but I liked her sweet smile so I included it. 


We're so thankful that Mimi and Papa got to come over for Abby's dedication.  We loved having them here!  


I also loved being with my mom on Mother's day!  She's absolutely the best mom ever and I'm so thankful for her and all that she has taught me.  


This family picture may not be a framer, but it's real life.  Claire wanted down, Emily was giving us a forced smile, Hannah wasn't about to crack a smile and Abby was screaming her head off.  Good times!  


Bert and I love this little girl in our arms and we're thankful that God blessed us with her in our family! 


We had a relaxing afternoon and evening...snuggling on the couch, playing in the back yard, and taking a walk around our neighborhood.  


These girls are some of my greatest blessings...one of my greatest joys in life is being their Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment