Thursday, December 22, 2016

Abby - 9 months

Abby turned 9 months about two weeks ago.  She had her 9 month well-check and it went very well!  She was 28 inches long and in the 64th percentile for her length (was in the 22nd percentile at 6 months).  She was 17 lbs and 11 oz and in the 29th percentile for her weight (was in the 53rd percentile at 6 months).  She did not appreciate being checked out and our doctor made the comment that she's got a little temper. :)


I caught her mid wave!  


Abby's favorite's at 9 months:  
Food:  Puffs, any baby food
Activities:  Crawling, Pulling up, Standing up, Walking with her walker
Sounds she can say:  Da-Da

Sleeping Habits at 9 months: 
-Takes 2 naps a day - about 1 1/2 hours each
- Screams for a couple minutes each time we lay her down but then goes on to sleep by herself.
-She doesn't sleep with anything in her crib but I'm going to give her a lovie any day now
-She doesn't wear a sleepsack or swaddle 
-She sleeps with a sound machine on at night and two sound machines going in her room during her naps to drown our her loud sisters.  
-She sleeps about 11 hours each night (about 8 pm to 7am).  She almost never wakes up in the middle of the night. 

Things I treasure about my 9 month old:  
- She's saying  "Da-Da" and it's precious! 
-She's crawling all over the house.  She'll follow me from room to room.  Or just go to whatever room she wants to go to.  She especially loves crawling into the bathrooms, which I think she likes because she knows I don't want her in there.  
-She's now taking some steps.  Bert saw her do 7 steps unassisted a couple days ago and I saw her do 6 steps yesterday.  She'll be walking soon, but crawling is still her transportation of choice. 
-She constantly watches her big sisters.
-She has the most precious laugh and it is music to my ears. 
-She will sometimes wave when you tell her bye bye, but not usually. 
-She's started eating some of the soft foods we eat at each meal....especially vegetables, but they're still not her favorite and she has to be encouraged.  
-If I try to put her down and she doesn't want me to she will wrap her arms and legs around me and hold on like a little monkey.  If she does want to get down she will flail back or try to jump out of my arms with no worry of how far away the ground is.  
-She's pulling up on everything but also can stand up from a sitting position without holding on to anything.  She'll get in a little squat and then just stand right up....she does this many times every day.
-She's putting everything she can get her hands on in her mouth.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: it is not my favorite habit/phase.  I've found it's especially tricky when you have 3 older sisters. 
-She still doesn't have a tooth yet, but our pediatrician mentioned that her top gums looked swollen, so we'll see if they pop through soon.  
-She has very sensitive skin, especially around her mouth (on her cheeks and chin).  Once every couple weeks she will go through a couple day period when it gets soooooo red and chapped from all her drool.  If I keep Vaseline on it for a few days it will clear on up.  
-She's still having trouble with a plugged tear duct in her right eye.  It stays slightly watery and has a small amount of gunk in the corner especially after naps or crying.  My pediatrician said to give it about another month and then she will refer us.  I'm really praying it will clear on up on it's own because I don't want them to have to probe it.
-She's doing much better in the nursery at church.  She usually fusses as I walk out of the room but then I think she calms down for them quickly.  
-When people come up to talk to us while I am holding Abby on my hip (which I feel like is 90 percent of the time) she will get so shy.  It's funny and sweet !  She'll tuck her little head against my chest and hold it there while watching whoever is talking to us.  Ha! 
-If I'm in the middle of something when Abby wakes up from her nap I'll sometimes send Hannah or Emily in to "tell her Mommy's coming" and talk to her.  This used to delight Claire when I would send one of her sisters in first, but it seems to make Abby even more mad.  She usually starts screaming louder as if to tell us they are absolutely not who she wants to see.  
-She is reeeeeeally good at pulling her shoes off.  She basically won't keep them on which is not great since it's recently gotten so cold.  She thankfully doesn't usually pull her socks off, but I need to find some shoes that she can't pull off pronto.  
- Shes gets told by someone about once a week that she looks like her Daddy.:)  
-She hasn't been overly interested in/concerned with the Christmas tree or presents under it.  Thankfully!!  
-She'll happily play in the playroom for good chunks of time.  She especially likes standing at their toy kitchen and pulling up on her little music table.  
-She had her first cold right after Thanksgiving.  It was hard to see her so congested, but I was thankful she made it to almost 9 months without getting sick.  

After we moved from the infant tub we let her take a bath with her sisters for a time or two but that went terrible because she was so wiggly it was making me a nervous wreck.  I had this tub with the older girls, but I had to throw it away after Claire because it got a hole in it.  We quickly decided we needed to buy another though and Abby was pleased with the purchase.  


She likes her little duck and loves bath time!  


She's walking alllll over the house with this thing.  Unfortunately she often runs into things (walls and furniture) and it makes her furious because she doesn't yet have the skills to back up or turn her toy. She'll yell out in frustration. Poor little nugget.  


Yesterday, Hannah was just looking at her and said "she's soooo cute." All three of her sisters love playing with her. Abby is a little bundle of love and all 5 of the other members of Team Watts think she is a precious gift! Happy 9 Months, Abby!

No comments:

Post a Comment