Friday, December 9, 2016

These Days

I have to wake this little snuggle bug up from her naps sometimes (youngest of 4), and it's downright painful.  I would much rather just watch her sleep.  On this day she looked so sweet all scrunched up that I had to take a picture before I woke her up.  


Bert wakes up early to have his quiet time each morning and when the girls wake up that is usually what he is doing.  One morning Emily grabbed a notebook and pen and started writing.  When Bert asked her what she was doing she said she was having her quiet time.  This was the prayer she wrote in the notebook.  "Dear God I pray that my Mimi's nose surgery is better and that my family has a good day."  My mom had had sinus surgery a few days before....loved seeing her little heart.  


We met the Sanders crew and Mom and Dad in Anderson one night (halfway between Toccoa and Greenville) at Olive Garden to celebrate Katherine's birthday.  It was a fun treat to see everyone and enjoy a yummy dinner.  Happy birthday, Kate!!  We love you!!! 


Emily entered a Reflections Contest (her teacher wanted all kids to have at least one entry) at school which was put on by the PTA.  She made a "hunt and find" puzzle.  She drew a picture and then had certain things that you were supposed to find that were hidden in the picture.  The title of her entry was "My Love for Puzzles."  It was her idea to do this type of entry and she did it totally by herself.  You can see from the picture below that she won 3rd place in the Visual Arts - Primary (K, 1st and 2nd graders) division.  We were proud of her and her creativity!  


Playing in the leaves.  


Abby turned 8 months on Nov 6th and didn't get a blog post to commemorate.  I've had trouble finding time to blog lately.  I'm absolutely positive I'm busier now with the kids at these ages (Abby 8 months, Claire almost 3, etc.) than I was when Abby was a newborn.  


Gosh I love this baby.  Today, after she woke up from her nap, I picked her up and she just snuggled her head on my shoulder and left it there for about 5 minutes.  I walked around the house with her, and refused to do anything (change her diaper, etc.) that would make her move her sweet head before she wanted to.  She's getting big so fast.  


Emily was learning about how to write a letter, and brought this home from school one day.  Hannah had a cold that day and didn't get to go to school.  I thought it was so sweet.  


Hannah drew this picture of Abby's toy and I was SO impressed.  If you click on the picture you can make it bigger and see the detail she included.  Go Hannah Beth! 


Claire was mad about something and I was trying to snuggle her and calm her down.  I honestly can't remember what she was mad about in this case, but I'll give you an example from a couple hours ago....she fell on the floor screaming mad because I helped her wash her hands in the bathroom (she had just used the bathroom) and she wanted to wash her hands in the "ki-chen".  I took this picture because I wanted to remember the stage.  #itshardbeingtwogoingonthree


Bert and I have always said that we would love to go to a Garth Books concert one day.  There really aren't a lot of artists we've said that about but Garth has always been at the top of the list.  Last year, when he started touring again, he came to Atlanta and we talked about going, but then backed out because the tickets were just a bit too pricey.  After that show we both decided we should have gone. 

THEN, I was at Hannah's school Halloween party and overheard some ladies talking about the Garth concert that was coming to Greenville.  I asked them about it and and found out he was coming mid Nov (this was the first we had heard about).  I texted Bert and we had bought tickets within 15 minutes. Ha!  

We were on the second to last row in the corner of the arena, but we could see everything and we were just happy to be there.  Garth sang all the "old stuff" and we sang right along with him.  



He puts on such a great concert!  The last concert I went to was 11 years ago so you probably shouldn't take my word for it, but we have some friends who go to concerts all the time and they said it was the best they have been to, so you can definitely take their word for it.  

Bert's parents came up to watch the kids for us, which we appreciated so much!  They got in some traffic on the way up and were a little later getting here than they wanted to be, but we left the house at 7:02 and were in our seats by 7:29 (concert started at 7:30).  We love living in Greenville!  


The day after the concert we got to celebrate Pawpaw's birthday with him since they were up for a visit.  He took us to Outback for his birthday.  Probably not exactly how it is supposed to go, but we enjoyed it and appreciated it and loved celebrating with him!  



Before they headed back to Jackson that afternoon we gave him our cards, and enjoyed a piece of cookie cake.  Happy birthday, Pawpaw!!  


"My flying, Mama!" 


Can you see Claire's wings on her back?  She was running around the playroom on her tippy-toes saying "my flying, Mama!"

It's a busy and wonderful time of year and we're thankful for these days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment