Friday, December 9, 2016

Bert's 34th

We celebrated Bert's birthday with my family the night before Thanksgiving.  Everyone didn't make it in the picture, but we had the whole crowd there....Kate and her family, Mom, Dad, and Stanley.  Mom bought steaks to grill and made a red velvet cake from scratch. Bert felt loved!  


His birthday fell on the Monday after Thanksgiving this year.  We had been traveling the entire week before but we definitely had to have a family celebration on the actual day.  We had taco soup and cookie sandwiches (two chocolate chip cookies with icing in the middle) from the Chocolate Shoppe.  They were crazy good.  We have some friends who live overseas and I remember seeing on Shannon's blog that she had one of their parents bring them these cookies when they came to visit one time.  I had never been to the Chocolate Shoppe, but I decided then that if they were good enough to travel the Atlantic then I should probably drive 15 minutes to try them. I decided his birthday was the perfect excuse.  


The 1st grader requested a "crazy" picture.  


They loved giving him the cards that they had worked so hard to make and the gifts that they wrapped by themselves.  It was sweet to watch!  


Happy 34th to my favorite person in the whole world! I love you, Bert! 

No comments:

Post a Comment