Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Meeting Santa

Would you believe that I have not had one Santa picture made of any of our girls....ever!!  Here are my reasons....though they may be weak....every time we came upon a Santa (which wasn't often) it was either going to be expensive to have the pictures taken or they were dressed crazy (not in Christmassy attire) or I didn't want to stand in line or they were too young to care, so I didn't care either.  Anyway, a few months back I told Bert that I reaaaally wanted to get a fun Santa picture with all 4 girls this year.  I wanted to have one that I could print and pull out year after year and it would remind of that Christmas when they were all 4 just babies!  

One Thursday night we took them to the Roper Mountain Lights and to see the Santa there.  E and H were super excited about seeing Santa and telling him what they wanted.  Emily commented that she thought he looked younger than she thought he would be.  

You obviously can't tell from the picture how loud Abby was screaming but you'll have to take my word for it that it was loud.  When she first started screaming Emily and Hannah both turned and started trying to calm her down (sweet sisters), but we told them to just look at us.  That was just before he snapped the picture.  Both big girls look a smidge uneasy about the screeching in their ears. Claire was understandably very curious about whose lap she was sitting in, but wasn't overly concerned about it.   


I loved the picture!  It was fun and depicted real life with kids ages 6, 4, 2, and 9 months.  

We walked around and looked at lights for a little while after the picture, but not too long because it was frigid that  night.  Then we got in our car and drove the 2 mile route that that was packed with different light displays.  The girls looooved it!  It was fun for Bert and I to hear them "oooo" and "ahhhh."

It was a really fun night and I was thankful that I got my Santa picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment