Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's a GIRL!!

We're SO excited to announce that we'll be welcoming another sweet little girl into our family in mid-February!  She got a great check-up today!  Everything on the ultrasound checked out perfectly.  We're so thankful to our Father for blessing us with her.  She really is just so sweet.  She kept rubbing her eyes during the ultrasound and it just about melted my heart.  I love her.

Her Daddy is really excited too.  He's already asked me several times this afternoon "How's my baby girl?"  He loves his girls so much!

We've taught Emily to say "sister."  She's going to be such a great big sister!  I'm so excited for her that she's going to have a sister and that they're going to be so close in age.  They'll be about 22 months apart.

My sister, Katherine, and I are 19 months apart.  We shared pretty much everything.....clothes, toys, rooms, bathrooms, stories, shoes, a wedding dress, etc.  Sometimes it was hard.  We can still get in an argument about clothes if you really want us to:), but I love her so much and I couldn't be more thankful for her!

On the way home from the doctor today I was thanking God for our baby's sweet life and praying that she would see her need for Him at an early age.  I pray that she would trust in Him and walk with Him!  I was also praying that Bert and I would be faithful to point our girls to Jesus.  We're thankful for the opportunity to raise these precious girls, but He must be our guide.

Bert and I are SO SO excited about meeting our baby girl in just a few months.  We haven't picked out a name yet, but we're working on it....so stay tuned.:)

1 comment:

  1. Mine were SUPPOSED to be 22 months apart too.... BUT J-man decided he preferred 21 instead :) Be ready!! And just so you know, being a mom of 2 is exhausting sometimes but it's not near as crazy as you're expecting in your mind, and you'll love (almost) every single minute of it!

    ReplyDelete