Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our Talker

It's official....Emily is a TALKER!  She's 17 1/2 months, but has been talking for months, but now this child never stops!  I love it!  I would say about half the time I can understand what she's saying and the other half she's just "jabbering" (only she knows what she's saying).  She is literally learning new words every hour it seems.  She'll say most anything we ask her to say.  I started a list of some of her "favorite" words a few weeks ago.  I haven't posted it b/c I kept adding new words and thinking of words that she's been saying that I didn't have written down.  Oh well.  This is probably only half the list, but my perfectionist self is just going to have to be okay with it.  Anything in parentheses is my best attempt to spell how Emily pronounces it!:)  If there is no parentheses beside the word then her version is pretty close to the actual word....even the "untrained" ear should be able to understand what she's saying.:)

Thanks (Kanks)
Please (Peese)
Outside (Oww-side)
Water (Waters)
Jacob (Baycup)
Brush (Buhsh)
Stop (Top)
Baby (Bay -Bee)
Cream (Ceam)
Blueberries (Bueberries)
Bow (Bowww)
Up Please (up pease)
Quack (Kak)
Hurt (Hurrrrt)
Sorry (Sowee!)
Precious (Pre-shus)
Yogurt (Gogurt)
Night, Night (nigh, nigh)
Hello (Hewo)
Spoon (Poon)
Bless You (Bess You)
Amen (A-Mennnnn!)
Diaper (Biper)
Cereal (Cerel)
Cheerios (Cher-ros)
Remote (Mote)
Camera (Cama)
Pajamas (Jamies)
Brush Teeth (Buush Teeth)
Diaper Bag (Bi-Bag)
Book
No, no
No ma'am
Hi
Hey
Pen
Hat
Dog
Cat
Juice
Hair
Head
Nose
Toes
Eyes
Socks
Shoes
Potty
Away
Carrots
Milk
Bath
Yay!
Duck
Bye
Chicken
Come On
Come Here
Bunny
Shirt
Pants
Hot
Bubbles
Kiss
Keys
Hug

Two days ago the three of us were sitting at the dinner table and someone knocked at the door.  I started to get up and Emily said "Come In!"....as clear as day!  What??  When did she pick up on that???  Bert and I both started laughing!  We love our little "talker!"  Can't wait to see what new words she'll say tomorrow!:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment