Monday, September 12, 2011

Pregnancy update - 18 weeks

I'm finishing my 18th week this week!  This pregnancy is flying by and so far has been wonderful!  I'm so thankful for the sweet little life growing inside of me.  I feel him/her kick every once in awhile, but not often yet.  This is one of my favorite things about being pregnant....so sweet to be able to feel the baby move.  One of my least favorite things is having to sleep on my side at night.  Hopefully my body will adjust to this new sleeping position quickly.:) 

I was nauseous for about 16 weeks with this pregnancy (15 with Emily).  I was nauseous most of the day, but it was definitely worse around meal times.  I couldn't stand to look at (much less eat) cheese, marinara sauce, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, popcorn, and many other things that I can't think of right now.   I was so exhausted during the first trimester, but I started getting my energy back around 13 weeks.  Woohoo!  I'm enjoying being able stay up later at night and get things done during Emily's nap time (instead of napping at the same time). 

We've told Emily many times that there's a baby in Mommy's tummy.  We have to keep reminding her to be careful and not jump on Mommy's stomach.  Sometimes when I ask her where the baby is she'll come and point to my stomach and sometimes she'll lift up her shirt and pat her stomach.  Haha.  She's still a little confused, but she'll get it.:) 

We find out if Baby Watts is a boy or a girl TOMORROW!!  We'll be SO excited about either!!  We honestly don't care which one....we're just praying for a healthy baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment