Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Emily's First Haircut

A few months ago I decided Emily needed her first haircut.  We were in the middle of getting things ready for Hannah's arrival so it got put on the back burner. I decided one day last week that it couldn't be put off any longer...the poor girl needed a trim.  

Alison has a friend in her small group named Yui.  Yui cuts hair and said that she wouldn't mind cutting Emily's if we came to her house.  Yui has cut my hair several times at the salon where she works, but she definitely doesn't know me well, so it was so very sweet of her to take time out of her day to cut Emily's hair! 

I took a few "before pictures" before Yui got started!  



I was a little unsure of how Emily was going to do with the haircut.  She absolutely FREAKS out at the doctor when they put her on the scale, when they take her temperature, etc.  I started talking (in a very excited voice) to her about getting her hair cut last week. I told her how much fun it was going to be, who was going to cut it, when we were going to get it cut, etc.  I really tried to talk it up.  I guess it worked because she didn't mind it one bit.  She was excited!  

The hardest part was getting her to look down.  Alison and Bert kept pointing to things on the floor to get her to look down.:)  




Here are a few after pictures in her cute cape.  We didn't cut off much because I wanted to still be able to pull it up...especially with summer coming.  It's all one length now and looks much healthier.  




Thanks, Yui, for cutting her hair!  Thanks, Alison, for coordinating everything!  We love it!  

1 comment:

  1. it looks like she was really liking it and having fun! that will set the stage for future cuts - a good first experience is so important! So good of Aunt Alison to help you arrange and of Yui to do it!

    ReplyDelete