Monday, March 5, 2012

Mimi Comes to Stay

My mom (Mimi) stayed with us for a little over a week after we got home from the hospital.  We were all four so thankful that she was here!!  I'm truly not sure how we would have done it without her!

Mimi loved on all of us so well!  She cooked dinner, washed dishes, cleaned our apartment (she even got on her hands and knees to scrub the floor), read countless books to Emily, took many middle of the night shifts to help with feedings, changed countless diapers, washed our clothes all week, took Em on walks and to play outside, went to Hannah's doctors appointments with me, let me take many naps, and I know there are so many things that I'm not thinking of right now...  


Emily literally attached herself to Mimi and basically did not let her out of her sight for Mimi's entire stay.  If I was holding Hannah, Emily was totally fine with that, but if Mimi was holding Hannah....Emily had to be in her arms too.  Emily only wanted Mimi to bathe her, feed her, etc.  She definitely loves her Mimi.:)  


Swinging with Mimi


The book my mom is reading in the photo below is called "Jesus loves me."  It's a really cute book (it's basically just a long version of the song) and it is hands down Emily's favorite right now.  It's my mom's book that she keeps for her grandchildren, but Emily loves it so much she couldn't take it back to GA.  Emily just calls it "Jesus."  She'll start walking around looking for "Jesus" and we know what she wants.  I can't imagine how many times my mom read this book over the week she was with us.  


My dad (Papa Stan) had to head back down to Toccoa to get back to work the day after Hannah was born. He drove back up on Thursday (2/23) to spend a long weekend with us and take my mom back down to GA on the following Sunday.  When he had come up the week before (for Hannah's birth) he had a cold and didn't get to hold her.  He warned us that he was going to be a hog when it came to holding Hannah.:)  We didn't mind at all, and Hannah loved it...doesn't she look content?  



Emily also wasn't too sure about Papa Stan holding Hannah.  She wanted to be in his lap too....he didn't mind!



I love this picture!! 


Mama and Daddy, thank y'all so much for taking off work and coming up to help us out.  Both of you were such a blessing and Bert, Emily, Hannah and I love you so much!!  

1 comment: