Monday, March 12, 2012

Time Change

The time change is always interesting when you have little ones, but it's especially interesting when you have a 4 week old.  Before the time change Hannah was most awake from about 10pm-1am.  Some nights she was fussy and some nights she was just "talking" to us, but she definitely didn't want to go to sleep.  Now I like to stay up late, so I was okay with the 1 am bed time.  The past two nights (since the time change) she has been WIDE awake from about 11pm -3am.  The 3am bedtime is a different story!:)  Emily's up bright and early, so going to bed at 3 can make for a short night.  Bert and I are trying everything we know to keep her more awake during the day and more sleepy at night.  So far we haven't exactly been successful!  We would welcome any suggestions!:)

I go back and forth when I'm sitting up with Hannah in the middle of the night.  One minute I'll be so overcome with thankfulness for this little girl that God has blessed us with...I can't do anything but stare at her and praise Him for her.  The next minute, while I'm still so thankful, I also want to cry because I really just want to go to sleep.  Ha!  I have to remind myself that I WILL get to sleep through the night again one of these days, and just enjoy this newborn stage!  We love our little night owl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment