Thursday, March 8, 2012

First of Many

Several days last week were absolutely beautiful.  The temp was up in the 70's.  One evening we decided to take a walk.  Bert was getting the stroller out of the car and I was talking with one of our neighbors and watching Emily ride around on this Radio Flyer pictured below.  


All of the sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw Emily flip over the front of this riding toy and hit the pavement face-first.  She immediately started crying.  I ran to pick her up and noticed that her mouth was bleeding, but I couldn't tell where the blood was coming from at first.  We took her back inside to clean her up.  She had cut her lip and the right side of her lip immediately started swelling.  It made me so sad to see her in pain.  Bert reminded me that this would just be the first of many injuries.  Ha!  I know that it's true, but I certainly don't like to think about it.  

Bert suggested we go ahead and take a walk to distract Emily a little.  It was a great idea! She calmed right down.  Here she's showing you her boo-boo!  


Picture of the injuries.  Can you see how swollen the lip was?  You can click on the picture to make it bigger. This was taken about an hour after it happened.  


The next morning the swelling had come down significantly.  I'm thankful that it wasn't any worse than this!

1 comment:

  1. OH! poor Emily! So glad to see the stroller in use! it's been perfect weather here for walks - hope so for there too!

    ReplyDelete