Wednesday, June 4, 2014

These Days...

I thought I'd share a few cute conversations/fun facts we've had with the girls recently...

Every time Bert leaves for work...
Hannah:  All my heart, Daddy
Bert: I love you too, Hannah
Hannah: Always.

Emily and Hannah are singing songs from Frozen all the time!  It's cute!  

Emily: (On a rainy day...) What day is it?  
Me: Sunday
Emily: Well if it's Sunday that means the sun is supposed to come out! 

Hannah has been scared of bubble baths for some time now.  She just recently over came that fear.  As you can tell in the picture below she's still not a bubble bath's biggest fan, but at least she's sitting down...we've made serious progress!  


Emily is learning how to buckle her own seatbelt (5 point harness).  This is exciting for Mommy and Daddy!:) 

Emily:  Mommy, you look beautiful, even if you don't have any shoes on.  
Me:  Thank you?  

We have several different nicknames for our girls (Emmy, Emmy Lou, Lou, Hannah Banana, Hannah Beth, Claire Bear), but sometimes we just call them "cutie" or "sweet girl" or "sunshine." Most of the time when I call Hannah something other than her name she says with furrowed brows, while shaking her head "I Hannah Elizabeth" (in her two year old way of saying that...) Well, last night at dinner....
Me: "Guys, stop that!" 
Hannah: "I not guy?  I Hannah Li-sa-beth" 

Emily:  Do you think Mrs. Heather can color my hair sometime?
Me:  What color do you want your hair to be?
Em:  Pink.  No...purple!!!  Dark purple!  I don't like blonde.

I just liked the picture below.  She's a cutie!  


Emily was watching a movie one afternoon and C was crying pretty hard in the same room.  
E:  Ugh!  Turn it down! 
Me:  Turn what down?
E:  Claire!  Turn it down!  I can't hear the movie! 

When I go to pick up Claire from the crib she smiles SOOOOO big!  It makes you feel like you were just the person she was wanting to see.  So sweet!  

Me:  Emily, do you want ketchup with your chicken nuggets? 
Emily:  No thanks...too many points!  

Emily: People say Claire looks like Daddy.
Me:  Yeah, lots of people have said that.
Emily: Has a confused look on her face as she looks at Claire's face and then looks at her Daddy's face and says, "But Claire's not prickly?" 
(She tells her Daddy he's "prickly" all the time when he hasn't shaved in a day or so.)

Hannah spoons out and drinks every single drop of the milk left from her cereal, but if you give her milk in her sippy cup it's like pulling teeth to get her to drink it.  

Emily was showing Hannah how to drink out of a big girl cup...
Emily:  Hannah, this is how you drink out of a big girl cup. (Hannah had spilt her milk a few minutes before.) Big girls NEVER spill.
Me:  Sometimes big girls spill their drinks.
Emily:  Well, I never ever ever spill my drink.

When you ask Hannah to do something for you (throw a diaper away, go get a bib) she often says...
"Yeah!!  I be happy to!"  

I was driving in the car one day and couldn't see Claire's face...
Me:  Are Claire's eye's closed?  
Hannah:  Yep
Emily:  Yes.  Oh...she just opened them again.  I think she was just praying.  

When we go somewhere that Hannah is excited about or someone comes to our house that she is excited about Hannah says "I so happy be here!!!!"  You honestly can't help but smile when she says it.  

I have lots of driving help these days....
-Many times when I pass a car (I'm talking about a car going the other direction) Hannah shouts "Mommy, be careful!!"
-Emily has an amazing sense of direction and honestly knows how to get to a lot of places in Greenville (dentist, hair dresser, church, Walmart, Ingles, Target, etc.) If she thinks we're going one place and I turn the "wrong" way to go somewhere else she immediately will say "Where are we going?!" or "Why are we going this way?!"
-When I stop for redlights or stop signs Hannah shouts from the back "Go Mommy Go!"  If she's ever riding with you make sure disregard her backseat driving.:)  

Claire has recently started grabbing her feet and it is too cute!  


Claire also really likes to talk to that cute baby in the mirror when she's taking a bath!:)  


One night when Bert was putting Emily to bed...
E:  Daddy, why do you have a ball in your throat!?!

These girls can make us smile and laugh and test our patience all in the same minute.  We're thankful for them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment