Sunday, June 22, 2014

Trip to Jackson

We headed down to Jackson to see Bert's parents the weekend of Father's Day!  

Claire was excited to be hanging out with Pawpaw! 


They have such a fun, huge, flat backyard to play in.  The girls always LOVE to run around outside when we're at Grandmama and Pawpaw's house! 


Grandmama and Emily




Claire:  "I'm really not in the mood for a picture, but thanks."  


Saturday morning Pawpaw got up and made "pigs in a blanket" (sausage wrapped in a pancake) for everyone. He used to make them for Bert and his siblings when they were growing up.  The girls were excited!!


Later that morning we went to Dauset Trails to see all the animals.   It's kind of like a zoo, but it's in a much more wooded area, they actually take wounded animals and nurse them back to health, and it's free to get in!   They have a bear, mountain lion, hawk, snakes, otters, a buffalo and soooo much more!  After we finished seeing all the animals we had a picnic lunch.  It was fun!   


Grandmama and Pawpaw bought the grandkids a sprinkler to play with when they are at their house.  It was perfect for a hot day! 


Hannah was having a little trouble getting warmed up, so Bert decided to run her around to get her a little wet.  



They love their grandbabies...so much!!  


On the way back to Greenville we stopped for dinner and for me to feed Claire.  When I finished feeding Claire, we got out of the van and Bert and the big girls were sitting on the curb beside the van eating dinner.  I sat down beside Emily.  It was a peaceful summer evening.  Not too hot.  We were just sitting together on a curb, in a fast food restaurant parking lot, but I literally thought my heart might just burst with thankfulness for my family.  I decided to take a picture just to help me remember the simplicity of the night and the joy that these four people brought me this night, and continue to bring me every day.  


It was a fun weekend in Action Jackson! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment