Sunday, December 31, 2017

Family Dinner Party

One night the girls asked if we could eat dinner in the dining room.  We don't do it often because of the carpet, but they were so excited we agreed.  They got all dressed up (Hannah and Emily helped to get Claire and Abby dressed up) while Bert and I were cooking.  They set the table the table and were so excited they were about to burst.  Nights like this remind me that it's definitely the little things.  

Emily wanted pictures of everyone's attire for the night.  


Claire insisted on wearing this vest over her party dress (much to Emily's dismay).  


Hannah wanted her hair in a bun so I put it up before she got dressed.  After Claire saw it she wanted one too of course.  


Ready to eat!  


Sometimes we like to play the staring game and we did that night.  Bert caught a picture of Emily and Hannah playing and I thought it was so sweet. We've learned a few things since we've started playing this game more often.  

1.)  Bert's very good at this game and I am very terrible.  
2.)  Hannah gets her skills from Bert and Emily gets her skills from me.  
3.)  Hannah can beat Emily and me in a hot second and it makes her happy.  Ha!  


It's nights like this that I want to remember.  

No comments:

Post a Comment